Working at Caremark — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Caremark pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Caremark

From Richardson, Tx — 04/29/2009

I started working in the Richardson Call Center in November of 2008. From the time I began working at Caremark, I always took note of the environment and how positive everyone seemed to be from the top down. Now, as you get out of training and begin to work, you start noticing more of the negativity that can be attributed to most workplaces. CCRs have every right to feel negative in many respects as we are the ones who have to accept blame and fault for a myriad of participant problems you did absolutely nothing to create. This is a part of the job; some people can handle it, others can not. I have my days.

I haven't had any bad experience with a Supervisor at Richardson, and have generally enjoyed the interaction I've had with them. The entire leadership team does their acting job well in making it appear that they truly care about each individual in the company and also the members that we serve. So in this way I have no complaints.

That being said, working at Caremark, or any PBM for that matter, can be emotionally draining after you take call after call of someone who has either legitimately been screwed over because of the way the system operates, the laziness of another representative, or the lack of efficiency of our mail order pharmacy. Many times participants feel they have been wronged when in fact they did not read their insurance literature correctly before signing on the dotted line and were expecting something completely different. Having to take the heat from 80 different people a day can wear on a person, but I haven't found it so debilitating that I would hope to get fired or even consider quitting. It's work, it's tough, but it is also manageable.

There is the appearance that there are people above you whom are interested in your advancement in the company. Whether or not this is true remains to be seen with my own eyes, however the intention, I believe, is truly there.

I look forward to see how my employment plays out, but for now I am happy where I am at and am very glad that I have a job at all.

From LS, MO — 10/01/2008

thank you caremark for a wonderful place to work, wonderful coworkers a beautiful clean site. there is a demonstrated pride and integrity from reps to managers. our site director, candy, is amazing and very engaged. our manager, cynthia, is fair, honest, and really cares for everyone. my supervisor is helpful and always around to help! i feel like part of a family. the benefits for medications is amazing. i wish the medical was a little better. no one ever gets paid enough but i am grateful to have a job.

From Lee's Summit, MO — 07/17/2007

I've worked for many companies and have found Caremark to be one of the better places to be. Many of the folks who most likely end up having bad experiences are ones that have either been fired, or are not showing up to work or doing their job to the capacity expected. The people they are hiring now are, in general, much more professional and experienced than those that started back in 2005 when I did. Of course, there are some great tenured people here as well who are rewarded through icare recognition and other means. They have been flexible with my schedule, provide competent feedback and reviews. For a call center, this is a pretty good one. Management does care about what you think if you are professional in giving feedback. A lot of people end up creating gossip that is not always the right representation of what is happening, but that's anywhere. All I can say is that folks who posted their issues here most likely have other issues themselves. That person who only got a 30 cent increase in two years; I'd be interested in knowing what their performance or attendance was like. I certainly have not had that same experience. You do your job, be professional, and have a good attitude, and are good with the customers (that is our job!), then it's a great job.

From Knoxville — 04/20/2007

To the Knoxville vent listed, I agree with you. Caremark is a great place to work.

From Knoxville — 03/23/2007

Dont listen to all these other reviews. Caremark is a great company to work for. I obviously cant speak for other call centers, but the Knoxville location is just great...I cant imagine other sites being as bad. I think its pretty hard to get fired. You have to be absent pretty often before youre even reviewed for termination. The "occurence" system is gone, and there is a new attendance policy in place, but even the old policy was very leniant. Its the highest paying call center in knoxville. They have to respect you because Caremark is such a big corporate company...its very professional. Benefits are great. Job security? there is a "zero tolerance" policy, but i mean...just do your job the way you said you were going to when you got the job and you dont have anything to worry about. Promotions are actually encouraged. The director of the call center has made sure any promotion has been from within the company...and not hiring from outside. Getting a raise is relatively easy, and its based of performance...to the people that got a 25 cent raise or "none in two years"...thats probably because you arent very good at what you do. i got 70 cents for my annual, and have another 6% raise since ill be ascending to ccrII. I think base pay is 11 dollars an hour nowadays, which is good for west knoxville. Its right off a major interstate...it has a cafeteria. You people have to realize that this is customer service in healthcare...of course youre going to talk to people you may not enjoy, but gimme a break...you signed up for customer service!