Working at Cardinal Health — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Cardinal Health pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Cardinal Health

From dublin, oh — 09/03/2010

Cardinal is very good at many things - pay, benefits, taking care of their employees. Growth and some other types of things seem highly political. Overall, a good experience.

From Denver CO — 09/01/2010

Management refuses to take any responsibility for warehouse operations. All the blame is put on the employee.

From Dublin OH — 12/07/2008

I worked for Cardinal for many years and felt lucky to be there. Decent pay, decent work environment, worked around my schedule. They are "frugal" as can be, but that didn't really bother me. Maybe there are some inept managers, but also some really sharp ones. Cardinal has recently cleaned house and many of both are probably gone now. Agree with all of the comments bashing HR - they were worse then inept. I don't have the same faith in company decisions I had in the past - too many new policies, purchases and decisions have been reversed, reorganized, etc. I hope they can find a clear vision for the future and stick to it.

Good place to start out - you learn a lot and if advancement isn't there for you, you move on. Other companies assume you must be good if Cardinal is on your resume. At least that was my experience.

From Columbus, OH — 01/26/2008

I work at a lab that is located away from the headquarters, and the lab is very nice. The people who work in the payroll departmen though, are utterly incompetent. I had to contact them several times, send several faxes (which they contiued to lose), and call several times to set up my direct deposit before I finaly gave up. The checks always come between 2 and 8 days late. So rampant incompetence in the payroll deparment, but great at a satellite location.

From lakeland, fl — 11/15/2006

Although the pay is decent for the area, the upper management is clueless - they have no idea how a team is supposed to operate, which results in my area working 55+ hours per week (mandatory), and other areas leaving at their 8 hours. Instead of bridging departmental communication gaps and treating this place like one company, they create division and no one is willing to help other areas out.

From Dublin, Ohio — 07/04/2006

Cardinal Health is a great place for people who are builders and enjoy a fast pace. Their people work hard. It's a good place to start a career and gain experience. They could stand to do much better in the work/life area.