Working at Canon — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Canon pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Canon

From Atlanta, GA — 07/14/2009

CBS is a good company

From Parago West Area — 03/13/2009

Not a bad place to work. Branch management is rewarded by the Dilbert Principle but sales managers seem to know what they are doing. Service people are comp'd on copies between failures and not on parts usage so we see fewer service calls on the average. If you like paperwork this is the place to work. Nothing gets done without some type of documentation that has to be approved by 3 or more levels of decision makers. Pay is decent. Bennies are awesome. Excellent health insurance and dental plan. We got out annual performance 401(k) contribution even though it was a down year. We are opening 50+ locations this year so there is lots of room for growth and promotion.

I have been in the industry for a while and have worked in the independent dealer channel as well as the CBS side and can tell you that I prefer CBS over any dealer any day. My pay check is straight, on time, and I am paid for what I earned. I am never screwed out of $$ due to some super secret policy change or a discrepancy in the comp plan.

Sure you can make more money at other places but if you put in a decent day's work you will get a decent day's pay. And you get to work for the world's leading manufacturer of equipment. And the free cameras and other perks aren't that bad either.

Sure beats working at IKON or Ricoh is you ask me.

From London, Ontario, Can — 11/12/2007

I worked for Canon Business Solutions for almost 6 years and to this day I wish I could find another employer who was as professional and consistent as Canon. The pay and benefits are decent, though not the best in the workplace, but the respectfulness of management towards their employees beats anything I've seen or experienced anywhere. Plenty of opportunity for advancement, particularly if you're willing to re-locate (as I did once for them). They make a great product, so it's easy to develop company pride while working for them. I haven't worked there since 2002, but to this day I still won't buy anything other than Canon when choosing an electronics product. Great company.