Working at Cancable — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Cancable pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Cancable

From Ontario — 06/24/2010

I love this company. I've been here for 10 years now and seen a lot of changes over the years. Our executive team is a team that makes you feel proud to work for them. Some of the complaints I've read on here are ridiculous. Don't employees know that we have an HR Team that they can take their frustrations to if necessary? The pay here is fair, there's room for growth and there's job security. I myself started here at a bottom position. But through educating myself and always showing that I have the company's best interest at heart, I've worked my way up. I'm proud to say that I work at Cancable/Dependable HomeTech. I'll admit that we've had some poor managers and poor employees over the years, but they never last long. This company has come a long way since I started here. We've been through our share of ups and downs over the years and have proven that we're a strong company. We've had technicians in this company make over $100,000 annually! There's money to be made here. Most people who are bitter about this company were poor performers. Period.

From Mississauga — 05/27/2009

I don't work here anymore but this use to be a good place to work. Miss the old manager but he went to Lousiana. Peice rate is tough but can make good money in summer. Rogers dispatch is hard on techs. Company benefits were good and so was taking the van home

From Missisauga — 07/27/2007

I worked at cancable for over 7 years. People who seem to think there is no career growth are mistaken. Cancable is a stepping stone to other jobs in the telecommunication industry, and a great place to learn some work ethic. I currently work for rogers directly and love my job as a technician, doing the same work as a cancable tech and couldn't ask for anything better. An honest wage, you get paid for what you do. Satisfaction of helping customers with issues, freedom of not having a boss on your back all the time, and you don't take you work home with you. Everyday is a different story, all the crazy houses you go into make for great conversation. Managers in this business don't play racial favorites, like any business you take care of the people that take of you, ie. want to work and will do a good job. If you think the problems you have are racial related take a step back and think about it a little harder. For those who want to work, the pool of work is endless. It's a job like any other, it will stress you out at time, to be a good technician you need to be very well rounded. Have great communication skills to deal with the customer, a very sales oriented position but be very technical oriented, and be able to learn from your mistakes. Cancable for the most part was a great employer, a growing bussiness that I got to watch evolve from the ground up. They are much more grounded and a little more stable, I think some of the reviews above are simply irate employees who have maybe never had the luxury of having to work harder jobs with lower wages, or maybe have never had the stress of being unemployed all together.