Working at canadian national railway — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about canadian national railway pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at canadian national railway

From surrey bc — 09/19/2010

Working at Thornton now for 8 months, yes i am a new employee working as a TMC but have already transferred out of the department i was hired for and now doing something i enjoy being an LMU. I was told when hired yes the working hours will be bad and will not have a set schedule. HR also told me that not everyone is suited to this environment and will be subjected to all kinds of working conditions. Well, they didn't lie to me that's what i have had, crazy hours and qualifying on different jobs, all of which i didn't enjoy. From reading the previous postings here on CN i have noticed that one thing has been left out. Human Resources told me that although this may all sound like we are trying to scare you away from working for CN remember once your in CN you can go alot of different paths. I explored this and transferred departments with minimal resistance and with that being said my paycheck is fat every two weeks and i am home every night and now enjoy the job and am looking forward to putting in a career with CN. Yes i would encourage people to apply at CN.