Working at Camber Corporation — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Camber Corporation pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Camber Corporation

From Annapolis, MD — 04/15/2010

It appears that those who have a negative view of this company are all from the same work unit and probably work shift work. Although shift work will suck the life out of you, the supervisors I have dealt with have all been upfront if shiftwork was required. While the hiring process is very much based on personal referral, if you don't know what you're doing you're not going to get hired as our reputation and our growth has been based on the skill of our people. As a former member of the military, my impression of those who have had a negative view on this company have no concept of what personal and family sacrifice is and if they have a problem with that then they should quit.

From Huntsville, AL — 02/17/2010

I normally do not comment on sites like this; however, seeing only negative feedback for a company that I love working for pushed me to submit a review. I don't like that sites like this can give a company such a negative outlook from a few people who did not enjoy their experience. I know that not everyone will like their job, but it's sad that typically the ones who had a bad experience are the only ones who will fill out a review like this. The ones who love their job do not seek out a website to tell everyone how much they love their job. Having said that, I want to comment on a few aspects of Camber.

First off, I have had multiple experiences with Joe Alexander, and he has always been very responsive to any of our needs or concerns. I believe he takes employee input very seriously. I understand what was mentioned below about not wanting to say something about your supervisor while he is sitting right there, but if you don't tell anyone about your issue, then you can't expect it to get resolved. I truly believe that if you bring your concern to upper management within Camber, they will take it seriously and look into the problem instead of giving you "a one way ticket to the breadline".

Losing the ESOP was a disappointing part of my employment at Camber, but unfortunately, I think it was something that had to be done. It is rare for a Company to keep an ESOP program as they grow as large as Camber. Camber however did a great job of trying to compensate for the loss. I won't get into details, but they took care of the employees, even the ones who were not fully vested, and started allocating new benefits in place of the ESOP (although they do not come with as much growth potential). I personally believe Camber tried their best to take care of their employees during this time (and trust me, I was not one to get any type of big payout from the ESOP since I had not been with the company long at that time).

Concerning the turnover of jobs, it is unfortunate that the nature of Government Contract work does sometimes warrant layoffs. I have been through a few contracts that have lost their funding and have seen the upper management work to reallocate resources to keep as many employees as possible. I have seen the managerís work very hard and sometimes even keep people employed by finding temporary overhead positions that need to be filled. I feel very fortunate to work for a company that looks out for their employees as much as Camber does.

I regret that the people below had a bad experience with Camber; but am very thankful to work for a company like Camber, and hope that others enjoy it as much as I do. I hate to see any negative feedback, but I believe that if all Camber employees (around 2000 I believe) where to submit a review, it would be an overwhelmingly positive response.

From Virginia — 02/17/2010

Some of us like it here with Camber and are delighted to be a member of the government team. Camber leaves me alone and takes care of all the admin stuff so I can focus on keeping my customer happy.