Working at California Family Fitness — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about California Family Fitness pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at California Family Fitness

From Sacramento, CA — 01/03/2009

Maybe the individual who wrote the second review should find a new job. Why would you stay at a job if you are so miserable?

From Orangevale, CA — 12/05/2008

I’ve been working for California Family Fitness for almost 6 years. I’ll be honest – the main reason I took a position here was because I really wanted a complimentary gym membership. I never realized how much I would truly enjoy the job and absolutely love the company! I feel that this is an employee’s dream job! Management is constantly looking for ways to recognize employees. Each year I always receive a birthday card in the mail with a gift card. When it’s my anniversary with CFF I get a letter congratulating me signed by the owners of the company with a certificate for a day off with pay! For such a large company, this is very impressive! How many companies offer this perk for employees? CFF also has many other recognition programs where they spotlight various employees for going above and beyond. The owners understand the importance of work/life balance and have each employee’s best interest in mind. I believe that they truly care for each and every CFF staff member. If you’re a hard working employee, give excellent customer service, and have good work ethic then CFF treats you like a star! The environment at CFF is very fun, casual, positive and friendly. Helping people achieve their health and fitness goals by utilizing our services, programs, specialists, and amenities is a very rewarding experience. I couldn’t ask for a better place to work!

From Northern CA — 12/03/2008

I have been with Cal Fit for almost a decade, in fact I've grown up with this company. I know every aspect of every job, as I have done everything. This is an at-will employer, if someone didn't like the job they have the right to move on to greener pastures. The company maintains the highest of expectations and they wouldn't be where they are if they didn't. I, for one, have learned a tremendous amount about business, life, customer service and myself by working in this company. I feel secure in my job because I have common sense. There are definitely a lot of people out there, from my experiences, who lack ANY sort of work ethic. I assume those are the people who have used this source as a means to "get back" at a company who didn't allow them to slack off. I have met some of the best people in the world who are my co-workers. I couldn't ask for a better environment: comfortable clothing, positive environment, beautiful facilities, decent pay and I get the ability to change people's lives, what more can I ask for?