Work at Cablevision — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Cablevision pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Cablevision

From Stratford — 04/26/2008

Pay is better than most places offer. If you give respect you will get it in return!!! Recpect is earned not given. If you have an attitude with others you will get just that, attitude. Benifits are the best. If you come to work to do your job and not to cause problems you will have a job. The services we offer will always be in demand. I am a big believer in leaving your problems at the door. Work and life balance is what you make it. If you want to career progress and grow with the company it is what you put into you efforts. If you want something bad enough you will go for it and not let anything stop you. Yes there can be bumps in the road but you have to learn to over come them. If you are not willing to adapt to changes, trying new things and learning what ever you can to work your way up the latter then you will never make it. Everyone who complains about other people reaching their goals really need to reevaluate their own!! The location is great it is not far from anywhere. As far as co-worker competence that depends on the person; again it depends on what effort you want to put into getting the correct information and how much they really want to give good customer service!!! The work environment is how you take it if you go into work to do what you have to do and not to spread rumors or be in everyone elses business you will be fine you can make friends if you choose too. If you don't want everyone to know what your business is don't tell anyone!!!!!! If everyone would just grow up it would make life easier for us all. Also if you have something that is really bothering you you should really go to anyone in management if you don't how will they know issues need to be addressed!!!!!!!!!!!!

From NJ — 04/24/2008

I work Cablevision. I think I need to set the record straight about the company.

Pay- Its a little low starting out, but there is plenty of opportunity to make more moving within the company. If you want great pay, you have to start somewhere. Answering phones is an entry level position and you will get entry level pay. Keep in mind... you are sitting on your ass, talking on the phone making more then lots of people busting their ass.

Respect- I use the open door policy all the time. I enjoy the flexibility of being able to vent when I need to and enjoy the relationships that I have with management

Benefits- WOW!!!! Best I have ever seen. I've worked for large companies before and these BLOW them away. Heck.. if your yearly salary is low, you don't even have to pay for them!!

Job Security- Do your job, show up, keep your stats in check... you'll never have to worry. People will not stop watching television, talking on the phone or using the internet.

Work/Life Balance- Cablevision bends over backwards to accommodate people with there schedules. Shift bids are done all the time to reward people with better schedules. Keep your stats in check, and you'll come out with a great shift.

Career Potential- If you have a degree, you can move anywhere in the company. Only issue that I find is the majority of the positions are at corporate, but there is still tons of jobs in Jersey and at other locations.

Location- Close to the train, bus stops, and FREE PARKING if you drive... what more could you ask for?

Co-Worker Competence- Yes... there are always bad apples in the bunch. But... the same goes for any workplace. The training IMO is 2nd to none and many hours are dedicated to teaching new employee's how to work effectively. The more you listen, the better you will be. During training, many bad apples are weeded out, but some squeak through and are weeded out later.

Work Environment- I personally don't have too many issues here. Wish the dress code was stricter though.

To the people bitching about the hours- You know the hours you will be working before you start. Quit whining.

To the people bitching about pay- Look for opportunities within to transfer to or look for promotions. If you suck at your job... you won't get promoted and your raise will suck. No different at any other job. You also know the pay before you start. You always have to opportunity to quit bitching and find another job.

To the people bitching about benefits- Your full of crap and you know it. Show me another company that offers you the same or better...

From Stratford CT — 04/16/2008

I understand that people want to vent about the things they don't like most but jesus people some of it's insane. Cablevision has been fair to me in regards to my situation and I don't kiss ass. You get what you give, so if you give off attitudes and no respect you get that in return. I think the systems suck true indeed but if you don 't like it then quit! It's a shame how this whole website spread around the call center so quickly & now the VP's and managers are "tightening" up but if you don't like your job then leave.

The benefits are GREAT. I mean free . . what else can I ask for? LOL. The job is very stressful but your job is your job, don't bring it home. Managers yeah I agree there are some that shouldn't hold that title but it is what it is. Sad to say that you have to kiss ass to move up but you gotta swallow your pride in life right? If it's not for you then hey don't kiss ass . . I sure as hell don't.

I rated the pay as OKAY. You don't make that much for the work they require you to do but you don't make too little either. Co-workers are alright, I'm not one to socialize with that many.

Overall I think Cablevision isn't that bad, it has it's moments but what job doesnt? Everyone needs to grow up and realize that you are not obligated to stay at a place you do not like. Speak up sometime!

From shelton tsg — 04/15/2008

working for cablevision isnt nearly as bad as people here try to make it out to be. The company has fair expectations that they more than make you aware of before you start your job (ie attendance, QOSD,shifts, days off). While I agree that most employees here can not speak out because if they do, their job could potentially be on the chopping block. Overall though I would say, there are no suprises and they are fair (almost to a fault) about everything that happens. If you are able to show up to work on time, and do your job the entire time you are supposed to be there, then cablevision is a great company to work for. If you cant stand some micro managing and working hard, I would reccomend working elsewhere.

From Stratford, CT — 04/11/2008

I'm a CSR not a lead or supervisor. The job is what it is and you can't deal with the customer GET A NEW JOB. For all of you who are on here complaining like two year olds, GET A LIFE! If something is that bad that you feel the need to come on some website and let it all out and you really hate your job do something about it. How is management suppose to know something is wrong if you never say anything. STEP UP! Oh and as for if your on Kristy's team you'll never be on the phone. People take a closer look must of her team is on the phone through out their shift unless they have training or a meeting. It doesn't matter who's team you are on if you do your job and you do it well you will see the benefits and be lucky enough to get off the phone and help others. You all need to get over yourself. To anyone looking for a job, don't listen to the crap on here. The complainer is usually the one who doesn't do their job in the first place.

From Stratford, CT — 04/01/2008

I have been at Cablevision for a little over 2 years now, I’m not a lead just a Rep and I must say there are some here that are the most immature ignorant individuals that I have ever encountered in my life, anyone considering working here should be able to get a sense of this by reading these illiterate rantings here. I mean they complain about things they full well knew coming on board they rant about the hours I started as a temp…Hello it is call 2nd shift hours so why the hell are you complaining you knew that coming in!!!! Did you not know how much the job paid coming on board? Again why did you take it??? If you can do so much better go find it!!!.

Sometimes working here can feel like being back in high school that is true! I can’t stress the immaturity if management needs to address one thing that would be it. Sups need to be more in control of their teams and I must admit they can use more enthusiasm which some lack more than other. I have worked a number of times and my Sup will not come over not once to say hi or anything. Also I feel one of them needs the air let out of her swollen head she grew after becoming a Sup.

I just stated my negatives with out insulting anyone personally all the attacks on the sups and management and your own co-workers are just pathetic and shows their own self-loathing. I wish we could see who wrote the personal attacks that would be funny as hell, probably written by the main Hood Rats in the place, which by the way are the only rats I have seen in this building. Someone said we have roaches WHERE?? I’m sure I can imagine what half of them look like themselves. The comments about management is always leaving…. BULL the same team has been here the entire time I’ve been here, one leaves last week and now they start whining the whole team keeps leaving DRAMA, the man himself said it was to be closer to home, He made a change to suit his needs which is what most of you that are so completely miserable need to do.

These so called adults want it NOW they don’t believe in starting at the bottom and work there way up they have no sense of direction and don't know a thing about doing what you have to do to get ahead in this world, I came in here with 9 years under my belt from my other call center job and I had to start over, but I did what I had to do to get my foot in the door as this was entry level, If you want the big bucks and daytime hours shut the hell up and go look for it. I’m sure no one has a gun to your head making you stay here,,,,, but I’m sure a few of you will post next “They chain you in the cellar and beat you with whips and the gargoyles stand over you with whips” Ha! And “that the Sups are really vampires because you seen them take flight out of the parking lot at night!” LOL or “The manager only promotes people that can swing on a stripper pole in the office I seen it!!” LOL!! I thought I would provide them with a few to use, sorry about the spelling I actually passed English in college.

My old job I took calls from upset customers 24/7….it is what is, you either have the thick skin to not let it affect you to the point you feel you need frequent timeouts to go shoot up in the parking lot to recover from the bad customers, or take a half an hour dump in the bathroom than this is not the job for you period. It is not that serious do your job, ignore and stay out of the BS and you will be fine. Cablevision is not the “hell hole” they make it out to be, are there issues? Of course ALL companies have them anywhere you go will, and the crap they talk about the benefits, they are crazy I have never had benefits this good EVER, these young ones of course wouldn’t know anything about that, well I do and so do my husband and kids.

From STRATFORD — 03/31/2008

Pay is ok. Location is wonderful. Some co-workers actually do know what they are doing. There is absolutely no respect. I feel like i'm in school allover again. Career growth... only if you are one of the favorites. Like any of Karens people, you can get a good position w/o any experience and dind people evertime they make a mistake. Or if your on Kristys team... then you won't ever have to be on the phone again.

From stratford — 03/30/2008

(Well) My experience with the company is a pleasant one. The location is great. The pay is ok. The potiential for growth is what you bring to the table. (Period). You get what you give. If you walk around all day with negative vibes then that is what your going to get. Stop hatin on the people who are trying to get somewhere in life. Just because you hate your life and you feel trapped doesnt mean come to work and talk bad about a place that provides food,shelter for your family, medical, dental and vision, pays for school and best of all pays three of your bills(Cable, internet and phone). Dont be such a LOSER. Get creative go back to school get educated. Find out what it takes to run a company better yet manage a business and then come back to this page and vent on what you know, not what you THINK you know. Plus you are on here talking about co-workers and management as if they are not human beings who may be under a great deal of stress. All because you were spoken to about something you SHOULD'NT been doing in the first place? Please get a grip better yet get a grip on reality bacause if I was them and it came down to either me or you? Trust me it would be you...(BYE BYE)

From Stratford — 03/27/2008

First of all let me start by saying that everyone who is complainting must not be doing a good job. If your bosses have to baby-sit you then there is a problem. If you act like an adult maybe just maybe they will treat you like one. And no I'm not apart of management. I see alot of employee's that have been there for 6 months-20 years. Some of them just don't want to work. The rather blame the Man. We decide what our future will be not management. But we like to blame everyone but ourselves. So are some of the female/Male employee made that this Manager doesn't pay them any attention. I don't blame him I wouldn't want to be bother with any Old Bitter Birds. If you want some attention from he just step to him..like an Adult...Everyone should just Grow Up. Or better yet start looking for a new Job.

Signed by a regular Cablevision employee

From Stratford, CT — 01/24/2008

Pay: Not so bad, good for starting off and good if you can get the raise.
Respect: Depends on how well you do your job and who the respect is coming from. For the most part managers and supervisors respect all CSRS. Co-workers on the other hand depending on who they are have little or no respect for anyone. Sometimes I wonder if they even respect themselves.
Benefits: The best you can get. If you make under 40,000 you don't have to pay for anything. Including your spouse and children's benefits
Job Security: As long as you do your job and aren't caught up in the drama you are safe
Work/Life Balance: Hours can be tough but if you stick to it it gets better
Career Potential/Growth: Again depends on how well you do your job
Location: Great Area
Co-worker Competence: Now as for supervisors and managers they are competent. I'm not sure how the new hires are being trained but most of the ones I've seen could use some serious help. The leads depending on which lead you get you'll get the right answer.
Work Environment: If you can be with an environment filled with people who want to gossip and talk when more then half of what they say isn't true then you'll be fine. I think a lot of the employees need to grow up and mind their own business but that will never happen. My advice stick to yourself.