Working at Boston Scientific — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Boston Scientific pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Boston Scientific

From Natick — 02/17/2010

Boston Scientific uses forced rankings for the performance reviews which ultimately decides how much money you make. Very erratic rankings. My last 4 have been all over the place. I'm fabulous and then I stink. Very demoralizing. The money is really bad. Look elsewhere. Morale stinks since they started fooling around with our money. Next year...they announced that our bonus will be comprised of their stocks! Yuck. No thank you. You'll see a lot of people running for the door as soon as they can find new jobs. We've all fallen so far behind money wise.

From Maple Grove — 02/17/2010

The pay at BSC is decent but less than SJM and MDT. The respect and communication among departments of the same function is good but cross-functionally it needs improvements due to weak leaders with their own ambitious agendas. The benfits are awesome since they are centalized under Mass. state law. The Job security is horrible because we have seen 2 major RIF (reduction in force) in two years. Work/Life balance is bad because everybody is so stressed and afraid to lose their job that some overworked trying not to become a target and even those who have gone above and beyond have been RIF'ed. It's terrible. I'm glad I left. In a company that is crumbling under it's bloated weight, only butt kissers who can get into the inner circles of the elites of BSC get promotions and it has little to do with performance, talents, skills, and everything to do with who you know and how well. Extremely beauracratic if you ask me. Politicians would be good to work for BSC since they know how to handle but what BSC need are talented Engineers. It's no wonder they don't have R&D anymore. Location are good. Co-worker competence depends. Work environment is okay.

Short story, BSC needs to restructure, RIF the deadwood executives/middle management, then RIF the below. If they RIF below first, alas, all is lost because of the beauracratic system created will cause the good engineers to be RIF and the ass kissing incompetent engineers to stay back. From what I hear they are rif'ting their good engineers already. Engineers that helped resovled their CWL issues are getting the pink slip. Horrible company to work for because your thanks for working 50+ hrs (sometimes 70hrs) is a pink slip. Why should talented professionals work for such a company with little loyal to hard working individual.

From MA — 07/08/2009

BS work environment and respect. Keep your head down, stay busy, let the BS flow around you and you'll be fine. Not a fun place to work but there are more important things than fun.