Working at Boeing — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Boeing pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Boeing

From Seal Beach, CA — 04/28/2010

I've been at Boeing for almost 10 years. It was my first job out of college. Since joining the company I've been allowed to move around (without fear of being unliked), I've changed my profession/career and I've received amazing opportunities. I think like any company you find your share of people you wish would get fired, but I've learned to not blame the company for that. I've managed to more than double my salary through promotions. I had two experiences with a bad boss and both times the director was hands on with the situation to resolve it in a timely manner.
I think you need to have attachment to your company's product. I love aviation and aerospace, so as far as I'm concerned it doesn't get better than Boeing. We build some of the most cutting edge machines known to man. The company is diverse enough so you can avoid the defense projects if you are sickened by our tax dollar funding.

From Renton / Kennedy Space Center — 03/06/2010

I worked on multiple programs for Boeing before splitting in 2009 to find a job outside of manned space flight. It was the worst move ever. Boeing is a great company for whom to work, the 401k and medical are out of this world. One very important aspect for me is work / life balance, I never had trouble taking a day or two of vacation and the hours we usually very decent, I was not married to the company. I hope they keep a presence in florida, I would love to go back and there again.

From CA — 09/21/2009

Worked for Boeing/McDonnell Douglas for about 20 years. I found the technical work very stimulating & I learned a lot as a cost reduction engineer/I.E./Project Manager. The downside was the disgusting managerial behavior. Without going into great detail... employees, mostly technical, are threatened should their conclusions not coincide with the managerial 'conclusions' on an honest assessment of a a project's viiability. This 'rotten behavoir' extends all the way to the top to the various CEOs & VPs who have been exposed as less than models for the rest of us. This is very damaging to the success of the company as good people leave & others just hunker down to avoid the clunky management. In my case, I introduced a technical innovation that saved the Company many millions of $$$ only to be rewarded with an etched beer mug a 2% "merit raise (5 % inflation) + no promotion. This innovation exposed a serious design decision 10 years previously not to incorporate this manufacturing technology which would have saved multi-millions if implemented. I made many, many in-house enemies by advancing the Companies welfare @ the expense of my career. Not exactly the way to run a major corporation.

From Seattle, WA — 09/06/2009

Benefits are top-notch. Employees pay very little for health insurance. The environment is good.

From Huntsville, AL — 08/27/2009

Relocation packages are excellent.
Tuition reimbursement is excellent.
Medical benefits are excellent.
401(k) is very good (75% of the first 8%)
Pretty liberal policies on computer (not a lot of websites are blocked)
Culture encourages telecommuting, however many jobs are classified so those jobs wouldn't be eligible.
Many sites have fitness centers; Huntsville's fitness center does require a small fee.
Travel tool (TRIPS) is OK but very slow; expense tool (for travel) is not user friendly
Boeing Intranet is excellent, uses a google search engine so it is easy to find Boeing internal documents.
Overall , a great company to work for.

From Houston, TX — 10/18/2008

I love working for Boeing! They are a fantastic company who cares about their employees and wants them to succeed. I have never had a job where I have been so appreciated and made to feel like I was what was missing from the group.

The pay is very reasonable considering I work in the Aerospace Industry and this is an oil town. I used to work for United Space Alliance and they pay with Boeing for the same experience is significantly higher (30%).

I love my job. Boeing allows you to balance work life and home life quite fantastically. If your kid is sick you can use sick time or just work from home!! If you have a doctor's appointment you get paid time off. They are just so very flexible and have no problems working with you.

Boeing offers great benefits for medical, dental, and vision. They have tuition reimbursement and the degree you are seeking does not have to be job-related. They pay 100%. They also gave great discounts with a ton of companies for products like laptops and cell phones, etc.

I honestly hope that I work for Boeing for the rest of my engineering career. With Boeing being located in about 48 states, this doesn't seem like it will be a challenge. I can't recommend them enough!

From various — 05/07/2008

I have worked at several Boeing Facilities and the job sites vary with work being performed. As a "corporation" trying to complete work/programs Boeing under performs. The managers can't make decisions or act quickly because of the "chain of command". The company has many people sitting around--waiting for work to flow down that never seems to come around. Frequently Boeing employees change programs out of boredom. Boeing is working towards common processes which takes the interaction/communication imagination and desire to "create" out of the work environment. I am a white female age 40+ and I have my Masters degree (through Boeing) and I can't get a promotion or challenging work to save my soul.

From Chicago, IL — 03/11/2008

Boeing has been a great company to work for and I have had great promotions and opportunities to learn on the job and further my career. I recommend working there if you are in the aviation industry or technology.

From Seal Beach — 02/06/2008

I used to work for Boeing. I resigned three years ago and is my biggest regret. It was the best place I have ever worked. I had to resign and find a job closer to home.
Boeing has gone through some growing pains but has come out stronger in every area. All team members are respected and the leadership team absolutely walks the talk. Unlike some other companies, Boeing has clear defined criteria for talent they hire.
Quality and Customer focus is central in the day to day and people are rewarded.
Overal great company.

From Seattle — 10/28/2007

I have never been happy there (5 years). You are considered a good employee if you work 60 hrs/week and go to work at 5:30 am, and I hate this. I am a technician with 7 years of college, I do not have a university degree: (3)mfg engineering, (1) business programming, (1) CNC programming, (2) electronics. I was initially hired as a manufacturing engineering planner, and I cannot be hired to do anything else, I do not understand why. I spend all my days documenting manufacturing operation only with words (no picture, no drawing), a type of document that nobody look at (nobody care).........