Working at Bayada Nurses — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Bayada Nurses pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Bayada Nurses

From Pittston, PA 18640 — 11/10/2009

I have worked at Bayada for one year and I love it! I work at Bayada per diem, and I work at a local hospital for 20 years. I hate my job at the hospital. We are over worked and under staffed. I stay because of the benefits from senority. I needed extra money and did not want to put in any extra time at the hospital. I am also sandwiched in between generations. I take care of my 92 year old mother, and watch my grandson, so per diem was my option. After awakening one morning from a grueling evening shift at the hospital, there was a note from my husband saying to call this number, and that they are looking for per diem nurses. I explained to the directory my situation. She was very understanding and very encouraging. The director, managers, office staff, field nurses, P.T., O.T., M.S.W., and H.H.A. are wonderful. I'm learning things that we don't do at the hospital, and everyone is very patient and helpful. If I didn't have the senority and benefits from the hospital, I would quit and devote all of my time to Bayada. I have recommended Bayada to my fellow co-workers, and they have applied and now work for Bayada and love it. People who complain haven't worked in a hospital recently. I find great comfort working in the office. I say " thank you" everyday that my husband, however he got the information, left the note for me that morning. I would recommend Bayada and have recommended Bayada. The workers at the office are compassionate, caring, and understanding people. I'm hoping to be working for this company for a long time.

From pittston, pa — 11/09/2009

I have been a home health RN for about 12 years now, and went through my share of companies, but I have to say that the Pittston Bayada office is the best ! I am treated with a great deal of respect, and they value my opinions and ideas in regards to giving the best patient care possible. The pay is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! , but you have to work hard and earn it. To the negative Pittston Bayada comment -- we had to pick up after you, and let me tell you that spending 5 to 10 minutes in a home and not even checking vital signs is NOT earning your pay. There were a lot of complaints about you, and you gave us a bad name. Good thing that the rest of the nurses are trustworthy and give wonderful care, because we earned that respect back. The Bayada nurses that I work with are caring, competent individuals who go out at all hours of the night if we are needed. We do not commit fraud, or do anything illegal. We use our knowledge, judgement, and experience to provide the BEST possible care for our clients, and follow through with proper teaching and instructions to help keep our clients independent in their homes. Stop making up lies as an excuse for your inability to hold a job and your poor work ethic. Christine B.