Working at Baxter Healthcare Corp — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Baxter Healthcare Corp pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Baxter Healthcare Corp

From Irvine, CA — 01/29/2010

I started out as a temp and was hired after 2 months. I was promoted several times but found working there brought on some strange medical issues. Including CANCER. I got sick in November of one year...had to take Family Leave in order for the doctor to figure out what was causing my ailments...I was dog tired and could not think well. I was terminated the very week of my cancer surgery. I had long term disability and it was DENIED DENIED DENIED. My insurance ended when I was terminated. NICE! I worked there for 7 years as a faithful employee and I got treated like a dog. Worse than the dogs in fact. I loved working there while I had a job...I got great reviews every year. I was told that I could reapply once I was recovered...but when I came back to do so I was told I needed a foreign language...and it was not a common one. It was something like Korean or something like that. (I was too sick to fight and they took full advantage of that.)

From Round Lake and Deerfield, IL — 01/13/2010

Baxter is a huge company with numerous opportunities. I work smart, hold strong ethics, and focus on accomplishments in my job. That gets me recognized more than long hours. I've been promoted about every 2-3 years. If I don't think I'm getting the information I need, I ask my boss and the other managers and get the answers, plus they appreciate me being interested. I work in the science and research/product development area and really like it. The group I work in is very supportive and goal oriented. We get performance reviews each year and are asked to rate our own performance, so we have an opportunity to remind management of our work and accomplishments. I like the rural location of Round Lake, it beats the noise and congestion of Chicago. It's been a good place to work.

From Deerfield, IL — 02/13/2009

It is disturbing to read some of the previous comments regarding Baxter. The individual at Round Lake is commenting specific to their situation. It is unfortunate that they have encountered a negative association, but overall, this company's financial performance and work environment exceeds most of its peers, and in the current economic environment, a position at Baxter is quite superior to much of what else is out there now. After nearly four years with this company following positions with a variety of employers and industries, I can say with confidence that Baxter remains a worthwhile career move for those willing to put in the effort to succeed.

From Deerfield, Il — 09/05/2008

Huge company. Poor benefits, 10 (pathetic) vacation days for newbies, woohoo how progressive! Very little diversity. For being in the Chicago area, with lots of minorities available to help diversify talent and image, this place's HR seems to allow only people of the "Pale" persuasion. Would definitely recommend you stay clear if you are looking for an alternative to "old world order."

From Deerfield, IL — 11/20/2006

I've been at Baxter for about 2 years now and have nothing but positive experiences with the company. I appreciate the environment, collaboration, and intelligent people with which I work. I truly believe I will get the development and career opportunities I seek by working for this company that CARES about its employees, its business model, and mostly, the patients whose lives are sustained on a daily basis due to the difference we make. It's nice to finally work for a company that has purpose.