Working at battelle — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about battelle pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at battelle

From Aberdeen MD — 08/17/2009

Battelle had very good pay, not the best, but better than most. The major benefit was the retirement plan. Battelle still has a pension plan, which is very unusual today. Job security is only as good as the contract you work on. When the contract ends it is either get the client to fund a follow-on contract or find other work in Battelle or you will be shown the door. You are expected to get the work done regardless of what is going on in your life. The work comes first and your family or whatever is expected to take a back seat. Career growth is a problem because instead of promoting from within the first step in many departments is to hire someone retiring from the client. This is espically true for retiring military. Battelle will hire a retiring military officer rather than promote from within. For me location was great because I live in Harford County. Co-workers were very good to excellant. This may be because they have been there for a very long period of time. The pension may keep some people there who otherwise may move on. The work environment was a bit muted. HR has there program of the year and you best be on board if not then watch out. Some excellant people have been show the door because they ran afoul of HR. Business development has been hurt because of HR policies and one of reasons Battelle has reduced staff several times in the past few years.