Working at Bath & Body Works — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Bath & Body Works pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Bath & Body Works

From Tennessee — 09/21/2010

I love my job

From Illinois — 08/11/2010

Starting off just as seasonal, I've been with BBW for 5 years, our actual store itself has been a great experience, if anything it's the company itself that is crazy. 10 hours of changes the day of store mailed to us @ 500 at night, floorsets on mothers day, halloween, ect, but besides the company forgetting that assosiates are doing the shitty work while they sit at home on all weekends/holidays, it's a fun place to work!!!

Pros: fun atmosphere, learning new things, great products, love the girls I work with, the company backs you up when a situation arises, being apart of something that really is great (producsts are awesome) potential for growth.

Cons: being expected to work at the last miniute, constantly depended on (as a manager) horriable customers expecting the world out of 10.00 an hour job, stress durring the holidays.

I definitatley reccomend starting with this company, although it may take a certain type of person to deal with it, it's fun if you are BBW material:)

From Massachusetts — 08/01/2010

I had a wonderful experience during the year that I spent working at Bath & Body Works. I was completing my senior year of college and was hired as a sales associate. 2 weeks after being hired I was offered the opportunity to interview for a management position and hired. My dirstrict manager was a joy to work with, the 2 store managers I worked with were friendly, cooperative, respectfull, and really made the entire team feel valued. I loved the product, the team and the company.

From Greenfield, IN — 06/19/2010

I really enjoy working at Bath and Body works. I am a teacher, so I just work for some extra money for our family. If I depended on the job for income, I wouldn't like the fact I get 5-10 hours a week, but that is perfect for my schedule. MOST of my coworkers are nice, and my manager has always been super nice to me. I will say that I HATE floorsets also. It always seems so chaotic; people get mad if you get a plexi or product they need. I'd much rather they schedule just a few people and have us work longer than schedule EVERYONE for a few hours of elbowing each other and getting in each other's way. Overall, I really enjoy it, but I guess it depends on where you work:)

From Tucson, AZ — 05/03/2010

Sounds like all our other raters don't like a little hard work? That's too bad. Welcome to the real world of retail! I love working for Bath and Body works. We have a smaller payroll and LOTS of business, so this means lots of hours for those that stand out as HARD workers, NO complainers, and those that show up and time and do all they can to make the customers feel welcome! The pay is okay, but dont' expect a raise until after your first year. You schedule your own hours so there are no excuses for not being able to come in. Holiday season is fun- lots of new products that you get to personally test, try, and take home. Floorsets are a lot of work but make the store look great and fresh! The key is organization, hard work, and the ability to see past your OWN needs to do what you can for the company that hired you. You should try it, slackers! No one is forcing you to work at B&B, so why don't you step aside and let someone who appreciates a good job step into you place!

From Colorado Springs — 04/27/2010

I worked for BBw for 1 1/2 years. I loved the people I worked with--some brighter than others--but for the most part, everyone had some common sense. I was at minimum wage the entire time I worked there. I was hired as seasonal help, and I worked really hard and tried my best at whatever task I was given in hopes they would keep me past season, and my managers did!

However, as hard as you work, you're not going to get too far. I covered shifts for others even though I was already working most of the day, worked whenever I got called in and did whatever they asked. However, I felt more like their bitch at times--I had to clean the bathroom, organize the entire backroom, go offsite with a dolly of 20+ boxes (some I can barely pick up or push with the dolly ... shoppers usually felt bad and pushed it for me) ... you rarely saw a manager do these things. The call-ins suck because you can't plan anything because you dont' know if you work until one hour beforehand.

During the busy season, you can get up to 20-hours if you're a good worker, otherwise expect 0 to 10 during the off-season. I didn't feel like covering one three hour shift a week worth even going in for the meager pay.

The last straw for me happened before the holiday season hit. I had been there a year--the longest out of the associates. I hoped they would promote me to the season co-manager. Nope, they hired a girl who wasn't even there a month, and she wasn't too bright either. After that, I kind of lost my love of working at BBW. The co-managers were great; the manager herself was bitchy sometimes, but friendly.

One thing that annoyed me about customers, I hated that they thought we were dumb because we worked in an uber girly-store. We were taught to present excellent customer service and a friendly atmosphere.