Working at bare escentuals — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about bare escentuals pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at bare escentuals

From Florida — 03/01/2010

I would never recommend a friend to work for this company. They are awful. They are so disorganized! No one knows what the hell they are talking about...There is no room for growth at all. They do not hire within the company! Management talks shit about other store managers of course to there face they act like best friends...Pay is awful I have 5 years experience in cosmetics and they pay me nothing oh and the best part is that everyone is less part time meaning 12 hours!! only management gets 40 hours..No commisson either..stay away!! especially if you in the South Florida!!!

From denver — 10/10/2009

Pay-I was paid 8.50 as an hourly associate,because Ihad previous exprience selling cosmetics.employees with no previous experience were paid just above minimum wage.
Work/Life Balance-I worked 35 hours per week,and the store manager gave me the schedule I wanted,I know I got lucky on that one.

From Midwest — 09/17/2009

I believe it depends on where you work. Corporate is different than Boutique. DC is different than Corporate. I have been employed at BE for just a short while. Pay is good for my experience and degree. Respect is just fine where I work. Benefits are good. I personally do not carry the health benefits, but there are addtional benefits for working at BE. Job Security is average. With things the way they are today, no one is 100% safe. We are employed at will. Work/Life balance is execellent, atleast in my eyes. Very flexible. I cannot speak for career potential. I do know several people have moved up to Supervisor and Manager positions quickly. Location is wonderful, assuming you like being away from rush hour traffic in the middle of a huge city. My coworkers are wonderful. I do wonder about other departments though. Over all, the work environment is good. If you do your work and do it well, you are given respect and the freedom to do your job without being micromanaged. Again, I think it depends on where and how far up in the company you are.