Working at BARANCO ACURA — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about BARANCO ACURA pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at BARANCO ACURA

From MORROW,GA — 11/21/2006

I'VE WORKED AT DEALERSHIPS FOR 12 YEARS AND HAVE NEVER(NO KIDDING)HAD THINGS OF THIS NATURE HAPPEN RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE. THE PAY WAS GREAT IF YOUR PAYCHECK WAS CORRECT AND WHEN ASKING ABOUT A PARTICULAR ISSUE YOU WOULD BE GIVEN A CRAPPY EXCUSE. I WAS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT BY AN EX CO-WORKER WHO'S WIFE HELD A ASST MGRS. POSITION DUE TO MY ABILITY TO SELL COMBINED WITH EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE SCORES.IT WAS BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION EARLY ON THAT MY SALES WERE LOW AND THOSE WHO KNOW ME CAN TELL YOU THAT IS STRANGE.I BEGAN LOOKIND FOR ANSWERS AND THE ANSWER I GOT WAS THAT THE OTHER ADVISOR HAD BEEN THERE LONGER OR I HADN'T BUILT UP A CUSTOMER BASE.I WENT WITH IT AND NOTICED I HAD A COUPLE OF $1,500.00+ CUSTOMER PAY REPAIRS MISSING. I FOUND THE OTHER ADVISOR HAD CHANGED THEM FROM MY NAME TO HIS MAKING HIM THE PERSON GETTING PAID THE COMMISION FOR ALL THE WORK I DID. WHEN I BROUGHT THIS TO MANAGEMENTS ATTENTION THEY TOLD ME TO CONFRONT HIM ABOUT IT(THIS IN MY EYES WAS A MANAGERS DUTY)SO I DID. THE ADVISOR THEN EXPLAINED TO ME THAT WAS THE WAY IT WAS GOING TO BE AND HE WOULD CONTINIUE TO STEAL FROM ME.THAT NIGHT WE HAD A MEETING AND ALL OF THAT GOT CHANGED IN MY FAVOR.ALL THE WHILE MY NUMBERS WERE NOT INPROVING. MY PHONE WAS BROKEN AT MY DESK AND THE OTHER ADVISOR'S CALLS RANG ON MY PHONE ALSO. I BEGAN NOTICING THE PHONE CALLS I INTERCEPTED WERE NOT CUSTOMERS ASKING TO SPEAK TO HIM DIRECTLY BUT BEING FED TO HIM BY ANOTHER EMPLOYEE. I ALSO NOTICED THAT ON THE DAILY APPOINTMENT LIST WE WOULD HAVE AROUND 20-25 APPOINTMENTS AND FROM 5-9 WOULD BE FOR ME AND,TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY,THEY WERE 90% OIL CHANGES. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T KNOW,IF YOU ARE A COMMISIONED ADVISOR THERE IS NO MONEY TO BE MADE ON OIL CHANGES.I MENTIONED THIS COUNTLESS TIMES TO MANAGEMENT AND WAS GIVEN EXCUSES AND SCOFFED AT FOR SOUNDING EXACTLY LIKE THE GENTLEMAN I REPLACED.SO I TOLD MANAGEMENT I SUSPECTED FOUL PLAY AND I WAS TRACKING A FEW THINGS AND WOULD NOT MAKE AN ACCUSATION UNTIL I COULD BACK WITH STRONG EVIDENCE. IT DIDN'T TAKE LONG BEFORE THEY DID SOMETHING MOST THEIVES DO TO GET CAUGHT.THE OWNERS SON,YES I SAID OWNERS SON WAS SETTING APPOINTMENTS,I ASSUME HE WAS ASSIGNED TO THAT DEPARTMENT AS AN INTERNSHIP TO LEARN THAT AREA OF THE BUSINESS. HE WAS OVERHEARD BY ANOTHER EMPLOYEE SAYING"OH NO, I JUST SAT A MAJOR SERVICE APPOINTMENT FOR--------AND ALL THOSE ARE SUPPOSED TO GO TO YOU!"THIS INFURIATED ME. I HAD STRESSED MYSELF OUT SO BAD OVER NOT BEING ABLE TO FIGURE OUT WHAT WAS WRONG WITH MY SALES TO THE POINT THAT IT BEGAN TO EFFECT MY APPEARANCE AND ABILITY TO PERFORM MY DUTIES. I LOST ABOUT 20LBS AND WAS HAVING PROBLEMS MAKING IT TO WORK ON TIME. THE ONLY ANSWER I GOT WAS "MY BAD DOG" AND THAT WAS NOT ACCEPTABLE. I HAD LOST MONEY AND IT WAS PURPOSELY DONE TO ME BY THE OWNERS SON.I ALSO HAD BEEN MADE TO WORK ON THE SERVICE DRIVE ON SATURDAYS AS THE ONLY ADVISOR.SOMETHING I HAVE NEVER DONE BEFORE.EACH SATURDAY I WAS THERE WAS A DISASTER. THIS TOO WAS BROUGHT UP TO MANAGEMENT AND OVERLOOKED UNTIL I HAD ENOUGH WITH THE WAY I HAD BEEN TREATED AND STOLEN FROM SO I QUIT.ON THE DRIVE HOME I SPOKE WITH THE ASST GEN MGR. AND SHE ASKED ME TO COME BACK AND SPEAK WITH THE GENERAL MANAGER WHO WAS TOTALLY UNAWARE OF THIS GOING ON. WE HAD OUR LITTLE MEETING AND HE PROMISED ME COMPENSATION FOR MY LOSS AND ASSURED ME IT WOULD NOT HAPPEN AGAIN. I REPLIED TO HIM THAT I DIDN'T WANT MONEY BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO WALK AROUND WITH A BULLSEYE ON MY HEAD. SURE ENOUGH THAT SATURDAY WAS JUST LIKE ANY OTHER AND I WAS STEAMING MAD. NOONE WOULD LISTEN TO ME ABOUT THE APPOINTMENT/PHONE SCAM,I LIKE TO CALL ACURAGATE 2006, AND NOONE WOULD LISTEN TO ME ABOUT NEEDING MORE HELP ON SATURDAYS.THAT MONDAY MORNING I WAS ASKED TO ENTER THE SERVICE OFFICE.UPON ENTERING I FELT THAT ENERGY,YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT EVERYBODY HAS EXPERIENCED IT. THE GENERAL MANAGER ASKED ME WHAT HAPPENED SATURDAY AND I TOLD HIM,I CAN'T HANDLE SATURDAY WITH LIMITED STAFF LIKE I HAD SAID BEFORE AND HE TOLD ME I LOOKED INCOHERENT. I HAD BUMPED INTO HIM TWICE AND PEOPLE COMMENTED ON HOW "HIGH"I LOOKED.SO I WAS ASKED TO TAKE A DRUG SCREEN. IT WAS ALMOST AS IF HE DIDN'T HEAR ME AND WAS TALKING TO SOMEONE ELSE. NO MATTER WHAT I TOLD HIM SO I KINDA CAUGHT ON TO WHAT WAS HAPPENEING SO I TOLD HIM I WOULD GLADLY BE DRIVEN TO THE CLINIC WITH MY MANAGER TO PASS A DRUG SCREEN AND WHEN I GOT BACK HE WOULD APOLOGIZE TO ME AND I WOULD PACK MY BELONGINGS AND RESIGN. OBVIOUSLY THIS WAS A SLAP IN THE FACE TO ME AND THE G.M. DIDN'T LIKE THE BALL BEING PUT IN HIS COURT SO HE TOLD ME TO GO AHEAD AND QUIT SO HE DIDN'T HAVE TO SPEND ANY MONEY ON ME ANYMORE. AND WITH THAT SAID I LEFT AND I WON'T GET INTO THE BATTLE TO OBTAIN THE REMAINDER OF COMPENSATION STILL OWED TO ME.RESPECT THERE IS AT A MINIMUM. THE BENEFITS PACKAGE IS COMPARABLE TO THAT OF ANY DEALER. JOB SECURITY ISN'T BARANCO'S STRONG POINT BUT THATS THE CAR BUSINESS. AND THE BALANCE,WELL LETS JUST SAY THAT THOSE WHO SCRAPE BY IN LIFE ARE THE 40 HOURS A WEEK PEOPLE AND THE ONES WHO MAKE IT ARE THE ONES THAT PUT IN THE TIME.IT'S THE LAW OF APPLIED EFFORT,YOU GET OUT OF IT WHAT YOU PUT INTO IT. POTENTIAL GROWTH IS THERE IF YOU SHOW INTEREST IN IMPROVEMENT,LOCATION IS AWESOME. EVERYDEALERSHIP ON THAT STREET SELLS AND SERVICES A TON OF CARS. AS FOR THE CO-WORKERS. YOU HAVE THOSE WHO CAN AND THOSE WHO CAN'T BARANCO SEEMS TO EMPLOY MORE OF THE "CAN'T." TO ME THE WORK ENVIRONMENT HAD ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT. AND IF YOU'RE PREPARED TO BE WRITTEN UP FOR BEING LATE YOU SHOULD ALSO PREPARE FOR BEING STOLEN FROM BY A PERSON WHO CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT BECAUSE OF THE LAST NAME MATCHING THAT OF THE ONE ON THE SIGN OUT FRONT