Working at Banner Health — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Banner Health pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Banner Health

From Phoenix, AZ — 04/02/2010

Banner is a very good company that has been very good to me over the years - offerring challenging assignments, opportunities for growth both personally and professionally and there are some real hard working colleages that I enjoy workign with everyday! The company is working very hard, from the top levels to transform itself and its culture.

Banner is a very good company and I am proud to work here.

From Phoenix, AZ — 04/01/2010

I have worked for Banner Health for 15 years and have loved it. Banner Health shows that it values its employees through great benefits, fair salaries, opportunities for learning and advancement, and good communication. I love my job and the people that I work with at Banner Health.

From Loveland, CO — 04/01/2010

Banner offers amazing benefits and support to the motivated individual. Everyone I encounter really cares about our patients and tries to make an excellent situation for every person. No company is perfect but I am really happy here.

From Phoenix, AZ — 09/17/2008

FYI - Position was in IT

Pay: Not too bad. Definatetly not high, but great pay for the little work they actually had for me.

Respect: Was there, but new people with fresh ideas were definately frowned upon; thus lowering respect when you challenge the good-ol-boys

Benefits: Were awesome, so long as you went to a Banner owned facility. Try doing that on vacation in another state.

Job Security: No one ever gets fired at Banner. People leave on their own (in very small numbers) or in a casket.

Work/Life Balance: Pretty good, on-call was pretty weak and tehrefore made the whole experience pretty nice

Carrer Potential/Growth: Very low. Like I said no one ever leaves, and promotions happen not over ability and credentials but purely on time on the job

Location: Corporate is only in Phoenix, therefore cummuting from any other part of the valley sucks

Co-worker competence: Below average; the folks there do what they need to get by and that is about it. I have not seen in my time tehre anybody really step forward with solid skills, or atleast keep that momentum. It appears as if the tool does not get used it gets dull real fast (if you catch my drift).

Work Environment: The workspace is weird at best. Imagine walking into a giant room full of techs, where it is dead silent and a majority of the lifeforms are geriatrics. If you have a personality at all everyone seems to think of you as a loudmouth or goof-ball. I can't imagine an IT work floor, especially with all the teams that need to work together, never speaking to one anotehr or atleast bouncing ideas of eachother.

Overall I rate this place below avergae for the technology hungry career driven person. This to mee is a perfect fit for the older tech who just wants a slower workpace and slow jazz humming in the far-off cube in the background.