Working at Banknorth — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Banknorth pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Banknorth

From New York — 10/22/2007

I have been in banking for about 30 yrs., through numerous mergers and banks and over the years the treatment of bank employees has deteriorated. This bank staffs the branches on the assumption that no one will ever be out sick. Now that it is happening in more than a few branches they have no coverage and everyone is begging for help. When a bank wants to cut staff in order to make the bottom line look good to enter into a merger agreemant, they should be cutting from the top of the salary range not the bottom. Branch personnel are the ones running the bank, talking to customers everyday, not the VP's, SVP's and higher. For the most part upper management does not have a clue. I could go on but what's the point, banking has turned in a sales culture and not for the good of the majority of the employees or customers. This is not the worst place to work but it is not the wonderful place they make it out to be.