Working at Bankers Life & Casualty Company — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Bankers Life & Casualty Company pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Bankers Life & Casualty Company

From Buffalo, NY — 09/14/2010

I can't say anything bad about this company. I've only been there a couple months and love it. Everyone I work with wants to see you succeed. If you didn't make it, it's because you were able to or weren't willing to put in the time and pay your dues.I wish more people gave this career a chance.

From Greater Cincinnati Area, Ohio — 07/28/2010

It is disappointing that so many individuals who were given an opportunity by a company would be so quick to point the blame at anything other than themselves. I have been with Bankers for almost 9 years and I must say it has been the best decision I have ever made. I will say that this is not an easy career and will require loads of hard work and dedication.....but don't all business ventures? Saying that the leads are bad (which some companies don't even provide), that they don't pay claims (which is simply not true), that they make you pay a start up cost (which is to become a Licensed Professional in the State you live in and is required.....and also can be reimbursed within the first 6 months), etc.
The tough truth is that most individuals don't have what it takes to have success in a commissioned based career, and unfortunately when they try and don't make it, they look for excuses why it didn't work out. Does that make them bad people....I don't think so. I do however think that those individuals try to "vent" on this and similar sites to keep others from seeing what Bankers is all about.
MY ADVICE TO ANYONE VISITING THIS SITE IS TO GO TO THE CAREER BRIEFING. IT WILL LAST APPROX. 1HR AND IT WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH THE INFORMATION YOU NEED TO DETERMINE IF IT IS SOMETHING YOU COULD SEE YOURSELF DOING. DON'T ALLOW INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE SOME SORT OF "GRUDGE" TO KEEP YOU FROM LOOKING AT A GREAT OPPORTUNITY.
I love working at Bankers! When I started at Bankers my grandmother told me she had 2 life insurance policies with Bankers that she purchased a few years prior to me starting and she had a very professional and educated agent. She passed away almost a year ago and guess what......Bankers paid the claim within a week after receiving the necessary documents. (I'm sure someone will say it is b/c I work here)
I HAVE HAD SUCCESS IN LIFE BY MAKING INFORMED DECISIONS BASED ON FACTS...........NOT OPINIONS. GET THE FACTS AND THEN MAKE YOUR DECISION.
Bottom line, Bankers is a great company to work for so if you are called for an interview my advice is to go and see for yourself. If not you will be missing out on a great opportunity.