Working at Bank of New York Mellon Bank — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Bank of New York Mellon Bank pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Bank of New York Mellon Bank

From Pittsburgh, Pa — 11/05/2009

This place used to be a great place to work when it was just Mellon Bank but since the merger of the Bank of New York its has gone to the dogs. Forced Diversity is the name of the game there. Their Image matters way more to them, and then does their commitment to excellence. They no longer hire or promote the best people for the job, nor are you judged by your work ethic. Itís almost now that Non-Diversity people need not apply. I have no problem hiring or promoting any diversity person as long as they are the best qualified not because of their diversity status.
What is happening now is; the best IT people who built this company into a major IT company on the cutting edge, are being fazed out due to their pay and age for over Sea's contractorsí who we had to train to take our jobs. I actually was making more money then my two upper level diversity managers so I know salary had allot to do with us being let go with no notice. We were escorted out the door in a matter of minutes from being told.
Political correctness is killing this company!!! Diversity is UNFAIR politics and thatís what BNYMellon is no w all about.

From Pittsburgh, PA — 11/02/2009

I'm not real sure that the previous 2 reviewers even work for BNY Mellon. I have been with the company for 4 years and have had nothing but positive experiences. My bosses and co-workers have been great, always ready to help with anything...especially career advancement. I am no longer a non-exempt employee, so I don't get overtime, but when I did I never had any issues with my paycheck. I also never had any 'mandatory' overtime. As far as the silent floors go, I never worked on one. All of the floors I've worked on were very social. We would have monthly lunches and potlucks, and we always celebrated birthdays. I have met some of the greatest people while working here.

I think that BNY Mellon is a great company to work for. I couldn't be happier!