Work at Bank of America — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Bank of America pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Bank of America

From Charlotte, NC — 08/25/2008

Had a great experience here, much different than most. I've since moved on to another bank, but gained alot of great experience that's helped me well in my new job. I also worked with a lot of great people along the way, and got to play in a great charity golf tournament with a guy named George Roberts. All in all, a great employment experience.

From Los Angeles, CA — 04/06/2008

Before Hoshin/Six Sigma, BofA was a pretty good company to work for. We got stock options, good benefits, bonuses and raises. But a few years ago, they laid off a third of my department just as things were starting to get really busy. Then they scrapped the stock options for all but the elite. They also played favorites, laying off some more productive workers to save lazy bums. Advancement is difficult, because managers have been there for 20 years and have no further ambition. You spend all your time counting your work, which adds to the work, then you turn in reports which no one acts upon. It doesn't make any sense. We're required to do lots of training every year, but there's never time to attend classes or do computer based training, so when you fail to complete your annual hours, you get a bad review. Morale has been going down fast, and I don't see it improving.

From Dallas — 02/12/2008

I just started, and LOVE it. 4 weeks of vacation a year. GREAT health benefits - my families health insurance only cost me about $400 per month, which means BoA pays about 1500 per month. The base is average, but the bonuses are phenomenal. I have been treated well by everybody involved in recruiting me. In fact, they keep trying to keep my life balanced because I will happily work 80 hours a week if left to my own devices. Everybody around me is ambitious, and looks after eachother.