Working at banfield — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about banfield pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at banfield

From north carolina — 05/15/2010

Pay- is pretty good. however i started here when i was 16 at minimum wage as an asst so anything more is great

Respect- respect is a major thing at our hospital. we may get snippy with each other from time to time but this is not a job for the sensitive. it takes a lot of emotional energy to be around sick pets all the time, my chief of staff however is very adamant about an open door policy its a common thing to ask the OM or DPN or even a doctor to step into an exam room with you so you can talk. we also have 0 tolerance for gossip.

Benefits- the petsmart discount is great with 4 pets i use that ALL the time. plus we have a discount with dell, m&ms, enterprise, and a lot of others

Job Security- its pretty simple do a great job and you wont be fired

work/life balance- its hard with school but my om/dpn is really great about trying to work with me and my schedule

career potential/growth- for me theres a lot but all i want to be is a vet so starting out cleaning kennels and now have worked my way up to nurse and soon sx nurse and then leave for school and come back to be a doctor.

location- theres at least 4 in charlotte and thats just charlotte. we're on the border of north and south carolina so theres a store for everyone

co-worker competence- we have many people quit on the first week because its too much for them or people who make it a month and still dont have it together after very understanding hand holding training that find themselves unemployed so the people who are still there are very good at what they do because they made it through boot camp week :)

work environment- i love going to work its crazy and hectic but the people are great and very supportive. we all teach each other new things everyday we all get along and on slow days in between rooms we swap stories about our various patients so that everyone knows about the owner who gave cpr for an hour and saved the puppie's life or the client who brings you a file on their dogs breed so you understand its a great experience.

From VA — 04/07/2010

I have been thoroughly entertained by the below complaints. I'm sure there are clinics where focus is more on productivity than patient and client care. But most are not. I can vouch as a veterinarian that has worked at two Banfield clinics in two different states that every veterinarian that I have met working for this company puts their patients first, clients and staff second and company last.
I have a specific bone to pick and that is regarding the negative association with APC - average patient charge. If you pick up any veterinary economics magazine or talk to any professor of veterinary business/economics at every veterinary school across this continent you will learn that APC is the biggest marker of success or failure in veterinary medicine in EVERY vet clinic. Whether every vet clinic uses this as a guideline is up to them, but there is direct and very strong correlation between this number and quality medicine.