Working at BancVue — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about BancVue pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at BancVue

From Austin, TX — 10/14/2010

No company is perfect, but this is by far the best place I've ever worked in the last 20 years.

From Austin, TX — 06/13/2010

There is truth to many of the comments on this site, positive and negative, but overall you have to realize this is a young, entrepreneurial company and a few things come with that:

Growth. BancVue is growing so fast that your one-year anniversary makes you an old timer. It also means that each release doesn't mean that it's time to rest on your laurels. It's time to start thinking about what comes next.

Change: The company has to be agile, especially when dealing with this regulatory environment and the demands of its clients. Leaders change direction frequently, and that resonates down the pipe, but that's an attempt to stay ahead of the game. Communication could be better in this regard, and leadership has taken that to heart, but frequent change comes with the territory in a young, growing company.

Disorganization: There is definitely a sense that things aren't coordinated, especially since the company has grown many different arms that aren't in sync with one another. This is a harder problem to fix in a young, growing company but I do believe it's getting better.

Benefits: This company tries harder than any I've seen to provide great benefits to its employees and make life at and outside of work a joy. There's an incentive program to do extracurricular activities or hobbies. There's plenty of free food. They have started 401k matching. You know they're trying really hard to create a work-hard-and-love-it culture similar to Google, Apple, or any of the big tech companies. Comp may be a little below market but this doesn't seem to affect turnover. Most of the talented people stay.

Opportunities: They are there, but often you must reach out and take them yourself. This company expects you to take a lot of initiative in carving your own path (see again that it's VERY entrepreneurial). If you don't do that, and instead spend time complaining or spreading rumors, you will not achieve what you want or make things better. Of course there is always something to complain about, and every company has things they can do better, but you have to believe that everyone, senior leadership all the way to practitioners, know what they're doing. The success this company sees overwhelms any of the things that could be better or seem a little strange.

This is a good place to work, and as it grows it will turn into a great one.

From Austin, TX — 04/22/2010

To understand the company, you should put yourself in the mindset of the companies chief leaders. They are awesome entrepreneurs in which their main focus is to offer community financial institutions a series of badass products and services to their perspective members/customers. To do that in a fashion that will revolutionize the industry is a huge, demanding task. I see this company much like I see companies such as MS and Google when they were in their young stages of growth. It's demanding but rewarding. Some will like it- particularly those who embrace an "all in it together" philosophy. This isn't a place to be a doormat, but if you are looking to work with or at this organization, you'll see an organization who has lifted the bar relative to other software providers in the industry.

From Austin, TX — 02/26/2010

Best place I've ever worked! Cool Mission, tons of passion, and great leadership. Knows how to market, knows how to sell, the future will be amazing. Thinking of working here? Are you good enough?

From Austin — 01/08/2010

Very fun place to work. Great culture, energy, and passion. Awesome management and extremely knowledgeable employees. Always fair, respectful and appreciative of hard work. I am sure at any company that there will always be people that don't fit in or are disappointed by something about the job, but a person with a bad attitude will always get what they expect.

From Austin, TX — 01/08/2010

After being here for a little over six months I can honestly say taking this job was one of the best moves of my life. I work around some of the most intelligent people I have ever met. I am constantly amazed and honored that I was chosen to be a part of this.

You don't know what a company should be until you work here. From the top down you can feel the passion that everyone has for the company and what we stand for. I imagine this is what it was like and Apple or Google when they first got started. You just know this company is and will continue to be something special!

From Austin, TX — 12/07/2009

Leadership is committed and passionate about the company's mission. Lots of very smart, motivated people in the organization. Growing pains certainly exist, but it's par for the course for a small, fast growing enterprise. It is a results-driven organization and there is clearly no guarantee of job security. All in all a fun, fast-paced, high energy workplace.

From Austin, TX — 11/28/2009

Everything from the CEO who rides around the office on a scooter to the contagious passion that runs through the halls make this a great place to work.

From Austin, TX — 11/20/2009

The negatives are generally related to extremely fast-growth. The average age of the company is young, probably 28 or 29, and where there is youth and passion, there are occasional conflicts. That said, upper management is supportive and open to discussion. Egos are minimal and mission is critical. There is no doubt that the workload is heavy at times and the pressure is palpable. In an economy that is sinking and an industry (community financial institutions) that is beyond nervous, we are growing, adding personnel, developing new products and betting on the future. Come on down....

From Austin, Texas — 11/20/2009

I recently joined BancVue after being laid from the banking industry. I am extremely pleased to be a part of this organization. If has far exceeded my expectations!