Working at BancSource — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about BancSource pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at BancSource

From Republic, MO — 08/17/2010

I have been working in this industry for almost 25 years, with 2 different companies and some of what I have read here is obviously nothing but disgruntled people that failed to grow with and support their company. I also have many peers working with different companies within the industry and although no company is perfect, Bancsource excels at cutting through bureaucracy to do what it takes to get the job done. As a person with years of field service experience, I see a company that is striving to grow while providing its technicians with the tools to service our customers. Training, net books and automation have all been provided to help our fellow field technicians become more efficient. I have known many technicians that have previously worked for our company that were used to an environment of very little responsibility and very little work. As I see it, we have a much improved workforce and those that were quite frankly lazy, have moved on either by choice or for other reasons. I have spoken with our management team on many occasions and I know for a fact that they care about the employees and one way that they show it in this tough economy is to continue to push for growth, which equals job security. We are in an ever changing industry and those that do not want to learn new things have been and will be passed by. I know that my customers are very happy and if those that have left or been let go had unsatisfied customers, perhaps they would do well to look inward?

From Republic, MO — 08/13/2010

I have been employed at Bancsourse and Tecniflex for 17 years. I have always enjoyed my co workers and management... The Field Engineers are the best...willing to make a difference...easy to make a buck harder to make a difference. Bancsource has survived a very turbulent period in the banking industry and despite what disgruntled employees that were laid off say this company is vibrant and solid....and is making a difference in many families that depend on it...and 3,000 Banks and Credit Unions....
The Bancsource merger was a great move but one that was tough merging two distinct corporate cultures...Has been a great family to be a part of.....

From Texas — 06/05/2006

Once a great company, till it was bought by Tecniflex. They ran off all the Bancsource management and are proceeding to run the Bancsource name into the ground as they did with Tecniflex name and reputation. About 30% of the 120+ original Bancsource employees have left the "NEW" Bancsource. That should speak volumes for the new organization. The pay is in line with industry standards, although I will say you could probably get the pay you want becasue they are so desparate for good technicians. The benfits WERE good till Tecniflex tookover. Insurance went up for less coverage and bonuses were drastically cut. Job security is good because of the exodus that is taking place. Work/life balance is hit or miss. Depending on where you live. If you are in a metro area, you will work longer and harder, rural techs have it much easier. The potential for career growth and advancement is there if you like to be micro-managed and want to be a micro-manager. Location is good because you are in the customer's place of business and doing something new and different everyday. Co-worker competance is also hit or miss. There are some good techs, but they are being burnt out by having to carry the lesser perfoming techs on their backs. Again the environment is great because you are in the customers place of business. If you have an office job in Republic, then I would offer environment is not so great. They need a good housekeeper there. Very cluttered and disorganized. Worn, dirty carpeting that needs replacement. Not a very professional setting, particularly if you are a visitng customer or potential customer.

From Republic MO — 05/11/2006

Ok for those who think bad well you have not seen anything. Bancsource has not had any problem getting parts there were some issues right after the merge however all it took was some follow thru on the fe's but I guess the old BancSource people that are not happy donít want to work for their money. I was raised to take PRIDE in what I do and where I work that means if there are problems be part of the solution not the problem complaining will not fix anything but come up with ideas. OO that means work...... sorry forgot that is a bad word... Come on people this is a great company and if we ALL work together we can over come anything. That is not just BS but the truth and if you think not then well I guess you can move to "greener grasses" Remember that you happiness is what is most important to you but to be a complainer is that what you really are? Take pride in your self and your work if you need help ask for it you will get it. There are always problems in a merge look forward see that you can make a difference. This company is now and will always be growing be a part of the solution not complaining about it if you see a need for a fix let someone know. Something to live by.
Team work is the true sport in all of your ventures not only in work, play but even at home you are a team. Bancsource is working to be a great team and I am very proud to be a part of it. I wish all could see what we have to offer think before you react remember that you will be the one that can make the difference.