Working at Bakersfield Family Medical Center — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Bakersfield Family Medical Center pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Bakersfield Family Medical Center

From bakersfie, ca — 06/16/2010

I have worked at BFMC for a couple of years now. At first, I was concerned because I didn't really have trust in our Administration. It seemed that there were "clicks" and a few of them seemed to make up their own rules, but expected everyone else to follow the HR policies or would be threatened with loosing their job. They had everyone else do their work for them and usually took credit for it. They would come in whenever they wanted and leave whenever they wanted. But, over the last year all 3 of these people who held pretty high positions are no longer working with us. Plus, one person who everyone liked alot that had quit a few years ago came back! Our patients are so happy to have her back! They tell me all the time that they are thankful she came back to us! I think that all the negative has left the building and the new administration is right on track! I'm really beginning to love my job, and everyone I work with!

From bakersfield, ca 93309 — 04/15/2010

I love my job. The administration at BFMC is so awesome. I have been taught so much here. BFMC is fair and I truly believe that all the negative writers on this page probably were not doing their job so got fired. The moral is always high and they do so much the employees. THANK YOU BFMC!

From Bakersfield, CA — 09/09/2009

I've been at BFMC for over 6 years. I have worked at larger and smaller companies in the past and BFMC ranks with some of the best. I've read some of the prior reviews and it really does seem like disgruntled termintated employees who are vindictive. Using demeaning name calling does not cause me to be sympathetic to any of the slighted reviewers agendas. In this day and age, there is no job security anywhere. I've been at major insurance companies during mergers...it doesn't get any better elsewhere. However, if you take pride in your job and love what you do, it shows and you will grow whereever you are. The more you know, the better you feel, and the more worthwhile you will be to any company. What I have seen in the six years that I have been at BFMC has been internal promotions for those who work hard and deserve it. I have been offered positions elsewhere for more money...but money isn't everything, integrity and commitment are. Perhaps I am old school, but bashing an employer who has given you every opportunity to excel is wrong. If you chose to not take that oppportunity, the fault is yours.....I am very happy. Every day, I go home feeling good about the job I've done and the people that I have helped. After all, the whole reason the company exists is to care for patients. The sad thing is that the only people who take the time to write in these types of blogs are the complainers that have no facts to their whining. I truly pity them.

From Bakersfield, CA — 01/17/2009

I love BFMC!

From bakersfield,ca — 04/15/2008

This place uhhh where do i start. Seems like a great place to work. I should have listened to others that already worked there. But the pay and benefits were good. Large facility and lot of room to learn many different medical specialties. Every Friday someone gets fired maybe more than three a day!! No job security unless you kiss but, work hard and keep your mouth shut about them braeking the law all the time. I couldn't do that. Needless to say i was walked out, but i already knew. I wanted to get let go. Unemployment was a much better potion at that point than that horrible place. I am so happy they let me go at will. I did look at my boss and ask her why and she wouldn't even look at me. Scary lady. Do not work here unless you don't have an opinion I was one of the lucky few that actually wanted to be let go. The rest of the people just got fired or walked out one day!!