Working at autozone — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about autozone pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at autozone

From Chicago,IL — 09/30/2010

I loved working for Autozone. This company put me through college and made me who I am today. I highly recommend this job for students, yes even women, I am a woman. It's a great company with a fun atmosphere. Lots of learning and flexibility also. The pay is horrible but if your a student then I would go for it. Good luck!

From Colorado — 09/02/2010

I've only been working at AutoZone for about three weeks, but I'm pretty happy with it. The pay is better than my first job (which was minimum wage, $7.28)- I'm making $7.75 an hour and I started without any knowledge of the car parts business and little retail experience. It's a five minute drive from home and I'm enjoying the hours at at least 30 a week. My store manager is awesome, my coworkers are all awesome and they all have a very extensive shared knowledge about cars, so I'm learning very quickly. Three weeks ago I wouldn't have known a Transmission Filter from an Alternator. The 20% discount is nice and though I only get one or two days off a week, I've asked for more hours because I like the income it gets me.

Whoever says the job/ service is crappy, that's purely location and employee based. Just because one person hates their job doesn't mean it sucks, if you don't like it then quit and work somewhere else!

From chester — 12/08/2009

Great place to work with an open mind and try to work up the latter. If you dont explore more knowledge you will not succeed as well as with any other job. The customer wants someone who will support them and there problem.

From new york — 01/30/2009

Overall I love my job. I have been employed by this company for about 5-6 months and have already received my first promotion. My boss and district manager couldn't be anymore fair. My coworkers on the other hand need improvement. One could blame it on management because they are the ones that hire almost incompetent people. I blame the individual.

As for my ratings...
My pay thus far has been adequate. Now with my promotion it will be even more so. I respect my place of employment and expect the same; I have thus far. I honestly did not expect any type of benefits when I was hired. Who else gives their part-time employees benefits? Not anyone that I have worked for! As for job security, I fear for my job. Although promoted, I fear that one "slip-up" may cost me my career. Work/life balance is a difficult judgment call. I would like to be home as much as possible. However, I do feel that I need to show my ability to be available when needed. You need to make sacrifices. (My wife seems to think I make too many.) I believe that the potential to grow within the company is outstanding. The individual just needs to put in the effort to get the job done. My store has one of the best locations in my opinion. It is right on the main drag of the city. The work environment at my location can use a little improvement. This stems from the incompetence and laziness of my coworkers though.