Working at AUTO ZONE — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about AUTO ZONE pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at AUTO ZONE

From Lake Orion, MI — 04/26/2010

I love my job. At first before I started, I read a lot of the reviews for AutoZone and started to question whether or not I really wanted this job. Now I couldn't be happier with it. The paygrade is better than fast food and is a great way to get you knowledgeable about cars and the hardware. Employees are all fun to work with and are open to help out with any questions I have. Work/life balance is what you make of it. My boss asked me how much I wanted to work and I said as many hours as possible, so now I work between 36-40 hours a week. I don't ever get weekends off, but that's fine, seeing as how I'm fresh out of high school and single, looking for a place to live. The two days off a week are fine by me. Keeping it random makes things stay fresh.

Some potential cons of working at AZ would most likely be engraving hard parts locations in your memory. There are so many places in the store an idler pulley may be stored and can have you wandering for a while searching, but once you get to know the store's layout and products, you'll quickly become a whiz to answering even the most complicated of questions.

AZ stock is fantastic (currently a little over 160 points!) and recession-proof! In this economy, more people are turning to DIY and AZ have been the primary caregivers in this field.

Health insurance and paid vacation are also available, including optical/dental through Starbridge. Attendance isn't a huge thing at this company, although repeated occurances can get you in a little trouble as long as you cool it down every once in a while throughout the year. I work with eight other people and we all get along and do a kickass job together. Time flies and MOST of the customers are great to work and build relationships with.

Highly recommended for those looking to make a step-up in the retail world, or just to get away from McDonalds!

From Tennessee — 02/01/2010

I think everyone thats has written on here is just bitter because they got fired or do not do their job. i worked for Pep Boys for almost 3 years as a simple driver. when my boss went on vacation or was sick i ran everything. What did i get for it? nothing.. one 10 cent raise in 3 years.... I started working at AutoZone in June 2009. not starting out at the greatest pay but nothing to complain about either... especially with the economy. i let my store manager know in the interview that i was not going to be a red shirt forever and that i expected to move up, and fast, and that basically i know cars, and i know parts... i just need to learn the autozone system. in september i got my 1st raise. Then in November i got promoted to PSM "grey shirt" with another considerable raise. My store manager is awesome, and my district manager is awesome as well. the people i work with are great, and everything runs smoothly. Its really is a great job. im already in talks about becoming a store manager, but you cant move up in this company? Dont dis on a company because you were too lazy to work, or you stole money or whatever the case may be, and im sure there are a few bad DMs out there and store managers as well but overall the company is great. If you do your job and do it right, you can move up fast.

From LIMA , OHIO — 05/29/2006

GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR.