Working at AT&T — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about AT&T pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at AT&T

From Orange Park, Fl — 07/08/2008

I just started working for AT&T's Internet Services office about 3 months ago. I use to work for another call center and I can say I have thought in the past they were all the same but this is one is truly a lot better. The pay is great! The managers don't breath down your back, your benefits kick in the day you start, and everyone uses the internet so I'm sure we will be around for a while! The schedule is great! I get to keep my weekends! After 3 months you get to do other things and help other agents in the center and after 18 months you can promote if ready. The location is great! It's not hard to find or get to and there are plenty of areas to live nearby which can save you money on gas going to and from work. My co-workers are fun and helpful and I enjoy having my personal desk and space!

From ocala, fl — 06/21/2008

I have been a good little monkey for at&t for about 3 years now. The pay is slightly above average for the area, although everyone knows that call centers in other areas/states have a higher starting pay. The thing that keeps a lot of people there is the benefits and job security as you do have to do a lot to get fired and because it has a union no matter if you are the best worker or biggest slacker you get the same raise, which is great if you are the slacker. Although if you want to move up and become a manager you lose the great benefits and your starting pay is below the top out of what the csr's make. Everything is standardized which makes everything pretty bureaucratic. Oh, and nothing is confidential. They like to act as though they are, but will gossip about you like crazy... even the head of HR! A girl sent an email to the head of HR about our manager who she felt was showing favoritism to another employee. I saw the email my self and the response. The response said "Oh, I will look right into this. Don't worry I will say that this is part of an audit and won't bring you up ." Two days later the manager in question came up to me gossiping about the girl who sent off the email because the HR manager sent the email to the area manager who showed it to her!! Yeah, real confidential!

From what i can tell, if you are in a different department of the company, i.e., not customer service, I do believe at&t is a good company to work for. Other than that, it is good for cash to pay the bills until you actually do something with your life. Customer service will suck you soul!!

From Greensboro, NC — 06/17/2008

I use to work for at&t this is a very stressful company to work for, if you are someone who is quick tempered and offended easily, STEER CLEAR! The customer can talk to you how ever they want, and nothing is done about it. You can be put on an ethics violation at the dro ppf a hat for the least little thing.
The pay is decent the hours and shift are ok... but management......are a little wierd..sometimes you wonder how the hell did they get promoted??!?!?

From Wichita,ks — 06/05/2008

It's sad to read these reviews about our company. Not that the reviews are off base, if anything they are right on the money! That is what is so sad. You would think at&t being a number 1 communications company would be a great place to work, but it is not. With contracts getting closer and jobs shifting as they are we have no sense of trust with our employer. Here in wichita our fellow co-workers in the repair office have been laid off and now we feel the next move is us in billing. To go to work everyday with this cloud hanging over us is such a bitter thing. I love my job because it pays well but it is far from being a great place to work. It is apparent that this is not just a local issue but company wide, nation wide. We should start preparing now because the winds are changing once again!

From columbia sc — 05/06/2008

since the mrger from bellsouth to at&t it has ben horible. they are bringing in term employes to replace us.

From undisclosed, tx — 01/07/2007

i work in the technical support center for at&t package services. The call center is brand new, so the facilities are excellent. I am paid very well, and since I work overnight, I find myself in idle time for 6-7 hours a night. I am treated with respect by my supervisor, and am given much freedom in what I can do in my downtime. at&t has placed an incredibly high level of importance on customer service. The number one goal of every single call is to make the customer happy, rather then to necesarilly fix the issue (normally the two go hand in hand.) AT&T also does well to provide me with the tools I need to make the customer happy, along with knowledge bases and a plethora online tools. The call center is in a semiremote location, and is almost an hour away from my home, but the paychecks and good treatment make it all worthwhile.