Working at Asurion — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Asurion pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Asurion

From Nashville, TN — 06/26/2010

I would first point out that you are most definitely not "self-managed" in this job. This is a work environment where performance expectations are persistently made more and more strenuous yet the pay rate is never adjusted to match those levels of expectation.
And do not be fooled by those incentives, luncheons and so-called employee appreciation. Much of that is wasted expense that could be put to better use such as providing better pay to their front line claims representatives. It's a front to make you feel like you're appreciated when you could very well be the next one escorted to the front door.
Also, don't give me any "respect the company and they will respect you" nonsense. I have been with Asurion for two and a half years and NEVER have I been marked down for a customer mistreat (nor will I ever be) and NEVER have I been disrespectful toward any supervisor. Yet, if my stats slip even slightly below the line, my current supervisor addresses me as though I am a lower form of life. I also asked for some assistance from my supervisor in requesting a schedule trade after a recent shift bid and lo and behold, he did nothing to help.
I would rate the work/life balance of this job with an extra large 0. I am sacrificing virtually all of my quality family time and completely all of my social life outside of my immediate family. I have friends I do not get to see or spend time with for months at a time because of the schedules I am given.
Trust me when I say that I am not the only one who is very unhappy in their job. I know of more experienced and highly regarded representatives who are themselves very displeased.
Finally, if you are one considering Asurion as an option for your next job, I offer the following. If you have a social that you care enough about to keep and most especially if you have a family that you love, DO NOT even put in the application. If you are single, have only yourself to be responsible for, a very flexible social life outside of work and a high stress tolerance for low pay, then go right ahead.

From Nashville, TN — 01/25/2010

I have been with Asurion for a little over a year - I have to say this is the best job i have ever had. They really are good to the employees - we are eligible to receive monthly bonuses, we are given incentives, lots of luncheons - all done for employee appreciation. We have never had a layoff - we are self managed employees - as long as you do your job, you will always have one to come to. If you respect the company - they in turn respect you. I've seen negative reviews on this site of Asurion and I can say without a doubt that those reviews are coming from people that do not appreciate a decent work enviroment with excellent benefits with lots of extras besides a paycheck.

From Moncton, NB — 12/19/2009

I've been at Asurion Moncton for 5+ years and although I had my share of bad supervisors, I've managed to have some excellent leaders as well. Though the pay isn't great, the company truly does care, though it may not seem it the supervisors really don't want to have negative interactions with their CSR's.

From Smyrna, TN — 10/14/2009

I enjoy working at Asurion very much. My job recently changed and I have high hopes for the new perspectives available to me. I get very nice bonus checks every 3 months, a nice raise every year, and a t-shirt every month or so. I had a financial problem due to a death in my family and Asurion stepped up to the plate and assisted me. They sponsor Team sports for their employees. I have been here more than 5 years and have never worked anywhere else for more than 18 months.

From Houston TX — 10/11/2009

Asurion ONLY cares about management and supervisors. or anyone kissing butt. Do NOT work here if you have kids, health problems, or school. This company is ONLY for people who live, eat, and breath Asurion. You miss days for being sick you better be ready for a write up and watch it because they will try to bump you up to a final at the blink of an eye sick note or no note doesn't matter. They don't care about if your kids or any family member is sick. They will tell you well if you leave you know what the next step is. Supervisors LOVE to threaten your job. The management think they are above and only about 2 out of 5 of them will speak. Asking for a schedule change is like waiting for Christmas. They REQUIRE WAY to much on the phone with the customers they want you to do all this lieing and talking to throw off the customer but you better have them off your phone in 5 mins or here come supervisors asking "Why was that call so long"?. They don't care about customers or CSR's. The supervisors ALL talk about each other but stand at each others desk for about 30 mins talking and laughing and probably talking about you. HR is PATHETIC there is no such thing as open door policy. Try it and see what happen next. It is a lot of people on blood pressure medicine since they have start working at Asurion. Only thing Asurion have going for themselves is great health insurance. *** TAKE MY WORD ASURION WILL MAKE YOU RATHER BE UNEMPLOYED AND BROKE THAN TO DEAL WITH THOSE TWO FACED PEOPLE.*** .

From Salina, Kansas — 05/14/2009

Simply a wonderful place to work & people to work with. Granted the customers can get to you at times

From Evans, CO — 02/01/2009

Asurion is a good place to work. Not that many people have a choice. With the economy, nobody can afford to not have a job. But overall, it's an okay place to work. The pay isn't the best. The average csr there gets paid $10/hr, which amounts to about $9600/yr. As far as the respect issue, most of the supervisors are so power hungry it's not even funny. So, you have everyone on you about something different all the time. Benefits, I'm not sure of. They weren't good enough for me to have 'em, I'll tell you that. The job security is awesome, because cell phones will be around for quite some time. Work and life balance suffers, because they don't care what you've got going on at home with your family, or you for that matter. They won't help you unless it will benefit them. Career and potential Growth. The supervisors don't seem to do their jobs, and so the performance reveiws never get done. The location, my site is perfectly located. No complints about that. Co-worker competence: we compete alot. We're very competitive on my team, but that's a good thing. that's why we're all doing good. The environment...it's good. There is drama, but eh. Where is there not?

From Nashville, TN — 10/10/2008

I really enjoy working at Asurion. The Nashville site is the home office so maybe it's different than the other sites that most of these people are complaining about. There is tremendous opportunity to move up in the company. Supervisors are encouraging & upbeat all the time, it's kind of contagious usually. I don't mind going into work everyday. Pay isn't that great yet, I only have a couple months under my belt but, the opportunity is there for people who want to WORK ( i know it's a difficult concept for some individuals to grasp. ) I am treated with repspect & can't say anything bad about this company. They are growing like crazy & I'm along for the ride!

From Kansas City — 08/01/2008

This is a great company to work for. People get promoted easily based on their performance no matter who they are or where they are coming from. Nobody can say or notice any racist behavior. Everyone is welcome at Asurion and as any other company, you will get rewarded if your performance is good and you have a good attendance. If anyone pretends to receive any benefit from Asurion by missing for a simple flu. Forge it! You won't get anything! Asurion is like a family and everyone is treated equal. HR helps everyone and always advocate for a fear, safe and nice work environment.

From kansas city — 10/01/2007

By far the best Call Center type job I have ever had. They treat you better than most of the area callcenters do! They also pay more and give out more incentive. I like the environment as well as the attitudes of the supervisors and management. The only thing I do not agree with is the quotas. It seems Asurion (as well as all other big corporations) set quotas unmanageably high to assure turnover and avoid advancement and raises. Compared to other companies, they aren't too bad. If you hate the way your callcenter employer is treating you, try Asurion.