Working at Ashley Furniture — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Ashley Furniture pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Ashley Furniture

From Calgary, Alberta — 06/09/2008

I work on the sales floor in our Ashley store. Sure, they hold us accountable for our sales totals but they never 'flood the floor' with sales people. We all make well above average commissions than the furniture stores around us. Our place is always clean, well managed, tons of competitions, extra bonuses, and games that we play. We even have outing events all the time. I've never worked at another job in the past 16 years that still truley believes in reinvesting their profits into their employees to get better quality staff as here. Ashley spends lots of time training so that we're always busy but never stressed. Because I live in Calgary, there's always room for growth but these guys are always trying to help you to that next level. It's an awesome experience. I hope I never leave and I hope they never change.

From Gonzales, LA — 10/20/2007

I work the back counter at Ashley Furniture, which entails answering phones, checking people out, and ordering furniture. I had previously worked at a very busy Starbucks, so this has been quite the vacation. There are downsides; such as calls being transferred back to you because other people don't feel like handling the customer's complaints and I've heard that the benefits are way too expensive, but I love it. At its worst, it's still pretty much stress-free. The worst part of your shift is passing the time (and messing around on the internet without getting caught) and deciding where to go eat for lunch. As with any job, some people are lazy and some people complain too much, but there's so much dead time that it's easy to catch up on work.