Working at Armani Exchange — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Armani Exchange pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Armani Exchange

From TEXAS — 06/20/2010

Been working at AX as a manager for about 4yrs now.
I love my job, and eventhough there are some things that i dont like and that i think could be better, it is what you make it.

All the complaints i've read so far seem to be trivial.

yes sometimes you have to stay long hours and get the store back together, but people, it's retail!!
if you dont like this, GET THE HELL OUT!!!!!! Work else where. There's a lot of hard work involved, and if you are not recognized for it, so be it. Do it because you have integrity and dedication. you shouldnt expect to be praised for all that you do. it's part of life. some things will go unnoticed.

another thing you should realize is that a lot rides on your attitude. if you are positive and respectful, and not get caught up in the gossip and dissdain of others for the job, you should be able to excell.

yeah, the last few years have been a challenge with some people not getting raises, but how come i've gone up $12K in the last couple of years??????? always do your best and be positive. people take notice. people want to be around positive, happy people. hard work will always be rewarded. maybe not now, maybe not tomorrow, but when it comes, it'll be a blessing.

the discount is amazing. who gives people free outfits every 3mo? 75% on 4-7 pieces a month??? and a chance to make incentive at the end of the month for your personal sales wether you're an associate or a manager?

the sph part can be a challenge, but it can be a positive challenge as well. it's competition. anywhere you go there will be things you will not like, but nobody forces you to stay. if you are truelly disappointed in this company and you are an excellent employee and you feel over looked, you will always be wanted by other companies. you will always have a job. look at other possibilities around you. if you are miserable, dont make others miserable too.

i do have to say we have a wonderful DM in TX. she inspires and validates hard work.
like i said, i love my job. yes there are challenges, but how you go about them is up to you.

love what you do, or boogie on out.

From New York — 04/09/2010

Its a cool place to work , there is just too much focus on the wrong things and not enough focus on the right ones.

From Kansas City MO — 10/22/2009

Worked at the shop for almost 7 years and had an overall great experience! Lots changed but overall I felt valued by the company! I was in management fo 2 years and was compensated very well! I say go for it!

From Orlando, Florida — 08/31/2009

I have been working at Armani for a couple of weeks now and there are pro's and cons about. The pay is pretty much minimum wage, which kind of sucks. The benefits are pretty awesome, like you get 4 75% purchases every month, 50% whenever you want, and 3 free items every 3 months, not bad I think the best benefits as far as clothes ive read from any armani. The managers are pretty cool once you get to know them, one of them takes their job WAY too seriously though which can make you feel tense about even exchanging 2 words with your co workers, but thats only sometimes a concern as an employee. I would say 75% of the sales associates are really cool and respectful as far as sales go, but the rest are sharks and will steal your customers/sales without hesitation given the chance, so you have to watch out for that. I feel the situation gets overlooked and lightly addressed. Besides that, you will definetely learn portuguese because more than half of the people are from Brazil, if you can give great customer service, you will get along with the customers just fine, sometimes you have to make a joke to break the ice with them, or make them feel special and they will definetely keep coming back. Im not really sure how good they are on raises because ive only been there for like a month, but nevertheless it looks promising and mostly good.

From Westchestr, NY — 08/10/2009

ok i got this job as a part time and ive really liked it so far. the manager is young and really understanding. she shows respect and is really cool. my assistant manager is great and knows what she's doing. everyone there seems to enjoy being there and if there is someone ur not cool with there is respect however. i think a good sign of things is that there are some people who have been there long, but they're always in a good mood. so it shows they haven't become sick and tired of their job. now working there is fun because you try to sell clothing and when you see you're reaching your goal it gives you a confidence boost. lol. now the problem with this is thier if competition when selling at my store it nots like people will ever fight over a sale, but hours of work are given to those who sell more , so that can suck if you have an off day and dont reach your goals. Now for the best part you get realy nice cloth at an employee discount of 75 percent off. WOW. u can dress fresh to death for cheap. The work environment is great. there is also this.... The girls that go in there are incredible. out of 10 ... 8 will be hot... its nice, while your selling clothes and the'ye flirting with u. of course u keep it professional and don't make it like crazily obvious. some will evan just ask for ur number. that falls under benefits..... i like how their is respect with co-workers. overall not a bad part time job. can get a little hectic because you have to constantly fold and keep an area clean.

Over grade... B+/A- pay could be a lil better

From New York, NY — 08/03/2009

I've been with A/X for about a month now and they seem like a decent company. MOST of the managers show you a great deal of respect. They're very supportive and instead of putting you down for doing something wrong, they'll just tell you how and what you can improve. The pay (9.50/hour) is relatively ok at least for the economy we're in right now. And you cannot argue with the free outfits, and 50-75% off discounts. Some of my co-workers are pretty cut-throat when it comes to getting sales, but that's life and I've learned, with the help of the managers, to deal and overcome that. As far as job security, if you sell you have a job, if you don't know how to sell...start filling out apps. But that is what retail's all about, selling clothes. The potential to grow is not very large but who cares it's a part time job, not a career..unless that's what you're going for.

Overall, B+

From new york ny — 07/28/2009

Reading all the lame comments below, help me understand why you people are no longer with AX! You suck!! I have worked for the company for a little over 7 years and have been promoted over 5 times, and my salary has more that tripled. If you want to sit around and point out the problems with the world, might want to just look in the mirror and you will see the major problem in your life!! Ax is wonderful, you can go as far as you want!!

From Kansas City — 05/12/2009

I will say that Armani Exchange has been the best retail company I have ever worked for - I've worked at Best Buy, Old Navy, Target among other places and I have never felt more at home at the Kansas City Armani Exchange.

Pay - Unfortunately the hourly was low. After 2 years of service I was still only making $7.50 base pay. Our store had a very low volume so the opportunities to make commission (1% of sales if you average $150 an hour in sales) were very slim.

Respect - Absolute and total respect. My managers were just amazing.

Benefits - Free outfit every 3 months, 75% off 1 bottom/2 tops each month, 50% off 4 tops, 4 bottoms, 4 accessories, 2 outerwear every month, and 30% off sale items. AWESOME.

Job Security - I never felt like my job was in danger.

Work/Life Balance - Very flexible as long as I had 25 hours available to work each week (only was given about 10 hrs per week though on average).

Career Potential - They don't really push the idea of moving up. Unless you want to do retail management, there isn't much room for growth. I was told that if I wanted to work at corporate that I might not even tell them that I worked in the store because they never hire from retail stores (as told from my manager who was told by the area manager).

Location - Country Club Plaza is a great area to work.

Co-Workers - Well...that isn't the company's fault really.

Work Environment - It's fun, good music (though sometimes repetitive), fun clothes, fun clients, all around a good time.

From Skokie, IL — 04/28/2009

I worked there when the Old Orchard store opened. The most I enjoyed was the employee discounts~ When I worked, I got a FREE outfit (one top, one bottom) every 3 months, 75% off 2 tops and 1 bottom every month; 50% off on 3 tops and 3 bottoms every month, and 30% on everything else+sales items. I worked there as a side job in addition to my other job so I pretty much spent all the money back in the store. Pretty average retail job, folding a LOT, stalking customers, sweeping... etc. I didn't like their commission (1% of sales if you bring in more than $200/hr or something...) because some co-workers "steal" sales or customers while other times you have to greet or ring the register which doesn't let you "sell". Overall, it was an okay job for a college student.

From San Fran, CA — 03/23/2009

Now when I started I was under the assumption that raises and bonuses happen frequently at Armani Exchange. Now I'm the first person to say the economy is making everyone kick back, but what I dont understand is how all of our Job Security has been pulled. I am a manager and there's a possibility I may lose my job if I dont produce my hourly sales goal(SPH). (Hourly Sales Goal is our dollar ammount we have to produce everyday normally it ranges from $125 - $175) Since I have been with Armani Exchange I have always produced BOTTOMLINE sales. I've always made money for this company, but Armani Exchange decides to pull my 401, pull my commission (increases my SPH), and pull my raise for the year while telling me to do it with a smile on my face and expects me to be okay with it?