Working at Apria Healthcare — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Apria Healthcare pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Apria Healthcare

From california — 12/24/2009

The home medical equipment is in serious transition. The senior leadership is doing everything it can to secure Apria's place in the market. All the bitching and moaning on this web site is not due to Apria - but probably bad leadership at a branch or experienced getting laid off due to a billing center or call center transition. That's what most companies that have more than a 1 year outlook on their future are doing. If not they are just buying up crappy low margin contracts and hoping Apria will buy them out in a few years.

Bottom line is- most other DME companies are a MESS. Over all Apria runs the tightest ship in the industry and has the most talented leaders at the helm. Its a dog eat dog world out there. No one is going to hold your hand through this economy. Make it happen for yourself and make Apria a better place to be rather than complaining.

From Murrells Inlet SC — 12/20/2009

Wish the pay was better, but my branch is ok to work for. Our BM is a good guy, he treats us like friends, rather than employes, its a great work environment at the office, but we are overloaded like crazy. there are 2 drivers an 1 log cor, with only 2 of us our routes are long, an hectick! i wouldnt recomend this job to anybody that doesn't like to work long hrs! overall i enjoy the job i guess

From Boston, MA — 11/29/2009

i don't think apria is any different than any other big company.....it's the corporate culture that is systemic with any large corporation.....as with anything in life, you need to ask yourself what you want out of the situation you are thinking about entering (job, relationship, etc.) before you go in. the nature of health care is hectic and fast paced. everything at my branch seems to have an overwhelming sense of urgency to it, and if you aren't flexible and don't handle pressure well, don't work for apria (or any healthcare company) as far as pay, it is never enough, is it? we are compensated in line with the industry, but i feel patient service technicians (my position) should make upwards of $22-25/hr. although that will never happen. i went into healthcare for the personal gratification that comes with helping people and the money was secondary. as i said, you need to ask yourself what you want out of a job. the benefits are very good (health insurance, vacation, sick time etc.) and the best advice i can give is to research as much as possible the branch you may work out of. each branch is like its own small business and some are great, others are horrendous. my branch is great, with a good manager and a good team that all get along well. job stability seems solid......the baby boomers are getting old and sick (keep smoking!!) and if you are fortunate to get in with a good branch, you will have plenty of work. i worked 51 hours last week and i love 11 hours of time and a half.

From kentucky — 04/16/2008

I've only been working here for a short time, but I dont see what all the negative reviews are about. I get autonomy and freedom to make my own decisions already. Everyone I've met in the region is happy and willing to help. There is alot of support from logistics. There seems to be very many advancement opportunities if you perform. Pay could be higher...but being in sales I plan to develop a territory and make my money. All other members of the sales team are willing to help you succeed and are open to what you have to say. I understand different regions may be different...but thus far I dont see negatives except gas reimbursement will need to raise with raising gas costs. Work/life balance seems good if you do your work then they dont care where I am....I think as of now i'm really going to like this place...i hope the negative comments are only reflective of your respective regions.