Working at APAC Customer Services — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about APAC Customer Services pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at APAC Customer Services

From Davenport, Iowa — 09/11/2010

First Off-
WOW! What is with all these negative reviews? I think all the people leaving bad reviews are just sour after getting fired or something, because since I have been working at the Davenport (Iowa) location, I have loved it.

Before you even start handling phone calls, APAC makes you enter an intensive 4 week (or longer, depends on department) training session. You do get paid for the days you are present. The training does everything from teaching you customer care etiquette to how to use the system properly. They also teach you terms you need. One of the biggest things they taught were to always work with the customer and be polite. Even bigger was the training on secrecy of customer information and how to handle it safely.

I have always felt welcome here, the Human Resources department has an "open door policy," so you can go speak with them about any concerns whenever you wish. The trainers that taught my class were extremely helpful, answering any questions and patiently walking us through the system.

Not much else to say, but I don't know much about the other locations. I do know the Davenport location is an excellent place to work. They do extensive work to ensure the location is this way.

From Green Bay — 03/07/2010

Pay - Who isn't going to say they want more pay for what they are doing? Who really feels they ever get paid enough. I accepted the job offer and pay they told me I'd get. That's at any job so I'm leaving the rate at 0

Respect - You get you you give at this company. Because it's a stressful job, people are usually worn thin. Since it's call center work, not many people dream of doing this all their lives so the candidate pool is slim pickings.

Benefits - No complaints, APAC has several options. Pricy for families - good for single people.

Job Security - Everyone has good Job Security as long as you show up to work. If you are a person who thinks you can skip several days a month or puts your personal life over making money, don't work here. Job security swings the other way too. APAC tends to hang on to slackers longer than they should. It goes back to being worn thin.

Work/Life Balance - 40 hours is 40 hours, I accepted the offer with a weekend, so no one to blame but me. I get OT when I need it.

Career Potential / Growth - APAC is known for this, no complaints. Most of the managers use to be agents.

Location - I'm not a fan of down town. I heard their old building had a great outside.

Co-Worker Competence - this is a big miss. It's rare to see people trust their coworkers will do their job.

Work Environment - It's a newer building, and they do a lot of fun things. No complaints.

Overall - I have to work to get money - right? Okay then - this is the best job I've had so far. Most people are nice and I'm learning a lot.

From Davenport, IA — 05/04/2009

APAC is What you choose to make it, I have been with the company for 8.5 years and have seen many changes..... If you want to promote you need to put yourself out there, have a positive additude and do your job. We all know that call centers can be a not so nice place to work but as Call Centers go APAC is right up there with the best.

From Tampa — 08/28/2008

Pay and benes were not very good. I had worked here for a while, and I still wasn't getting the hours that I would like to have worked. I met some decent people working here, which made the days go by more quickly. Overall though, there's a lot of room for improvement.

From KC — 08/19/2008

Not sure why all the negative comments here, this a great job. In my prior 3 jobs, I had been fired for browsing 'questionable' material on the internet. I succesfully completed a 12 step programs for addicts, and this job has been a godsend. With the way the economy has been going, we're lucky to be working, as many different companies have been downsizing. Thanks.

From Newport News, VA — 08/19/2008

I enjoyed my time at APAC. I had a great manager in the Newport News office. The only bad thing about this job was the location. I lived quite a distance from the office.

From Tampa, FL. — 04/27/2008

A great place to work. The jobs are out there you just have to go get them. I made myself known to my TL and since then I have been promoted because of my hard work and dedication. The Site director is really cool and when we have visitors they stop by and say hi. I did not get that with Teletech. Much more respect with apac.

From Tampa, FL — 04/27/2008

All the people on this website need to get a life!! They need to understand that APAC is a job and doesnt owe them anything!! Teletech sounds great but it was a revolving door huh yeah thats right I said a revolving door. Must not habve been as great as it sounds. I did not work for TeleTech but do work for APAC and it is not that bad if you do your job instead of being caught up in all the drama like an immature teenager!! GET A LIFE PEOPLE

From tampa, fl — 04/21/2008

If you have a job without any aggravations, you don't have a job. ~Malcolm S. Forbes.

Respect is not just earned but looked for. This job has given me a lot of respect, but I earned it and looked for it, I made my self known and made sure i was not just seating around expecting for the site director to come and say hi. I've never been some one to complain about my dislikes, but i see that a lot of people hear do. All day people are saying how they hate this job and how they cant stand it, but I have never seen any one tied to this job or with a gun to there head. Most people that work at this job don't really have a hope of doing any better and they should be lucky that they are given a chance to prosper. Most of my co workers are one paycheck away from financial disaster and bring there frustration in to work hoping for some one to cut them a brake an pay them for doing nothing,

The job security might not be the best but it's not the worst and people don't get fired if they really want to be there and do the best to stay.

The growth might be slow now then before but i still see people moving up and once more IF YOU WANT TO MOVE UP. YOU MUST MAKE YOUR SELF KNOWN,. people want management to come up to there desk hand them a check and move them up the corporate latter. Hay i like that book too. The fact is if you want to move up you need to show it, don't just do the job.

The location is ok

co-workers Competence has to be the worst not because of management or the company, but because people forget what we are hear to do. WORK WORK WORK . That is what they are paying you for, Not so that you can focus on when your next brake is, or what text message you need to answer at your desk or how you need to eat at your desk because you did not make time in the other 16 hours you had to eat. People spend more time not doing what they need to do and then complaining when they don't get there way. I love my job i love the pay but i hate the people i need to work with. A hand full of silly no good dummies that don't know what is good for them. This company can so call fix every thing people have complained here about and the same people will complain about something different because that is what they do. They are social and energy vampires.

Work Environment is as good as the person next to you, You can have a great time if your put out positive energy and surround your self with positive people, but that cant always be the case. Like with any company,some people just aren't cut out to work in a place like this and should have applied at a fast food place or at walmart.

From Tampa, FL — 04/20/2008

I have a few comments to make to all that have posted on this website. You work in a call center, just in case you forgot. If you want to take multiple breaks, take hour and a half lunches, call in sick 15 times a year then leave the call center industry or any high paying job for that matter and go somewhere else. I hear Wendy's and Burger King are hiring.
It is clear to me that your lack of knowledge on how to run a call center leads to misconceptions, assumptions, and pure idiotic remarks. There were several very hurtful comments placed on this website that are equivalent to how cyber bullies act. A cyber bully is a coward that is too scared to say things in person so they do it in this format. The next focus group that comes out should be about educating everyone on why and how the business is ran the way it is. I hear complaints about getting time off. This is typical of a call center, we all have to remember that there are probably about 20 people asking for that same day off, depending on the department, I'm not an expert but I don't think that letting all 20 off would be wise or benificial to our customers waiting to have their call answered. I am a Universal agent and I know based on my experience that if I wan't a day off then I need to submit it well in advance, talk to my TL so that she can be an advocate for me.

Thx,