Working at Anderson Merchandisers — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Anderson Merchandisers pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Anderson Merchandisers

From Amarillo,TX — 09/10/2010

The highest rating goes to my work environment. I believe you can make it a positive place if you treat others with respect. I have been in stores where the employees are real jerks, but I choose NOT to let them have control over my mood. I'm happy most of the time and my stores have good workers. They know I care about them and the job. We are a team and they know I will go out of my way to help them.

From Texas,somewhere...... — 04/06/2010

All I have to say is... If your J.C. #1 in the company in my mind. And reading this, well there's alot you do not know about. I really think you should look into the Denton D.C. You have some people there that has done amazing things for the company and with the amazing things, Management thought it deserved "Assoc. of the month". Even though that assoc. put in up to 35 hours ot, for 2 months, when the department went under construction and received a 25 dollar gift card, and was promised somthing nice by their manager. The same award was given to another associate in the same department, and was new to the department.On the same day. It felt like the assoc. was recognized by being chosen to staying on while no one else could, and then slapped in the face.This assoc. has recently received a Fire Marshall's report with zero defisiencies. Because she works very hard to be complient. She should have been the Manager of her department, long ago. And has been a KPA for some time. Now, She still is dedicated and still performs all Manager duties, and still not recognized. There should have been banners for her dedication to OSHA Complience, but there was nothing but a thank you. Her KPA title was taken from her due to the economy, and can not blame her if she defects , although that would be unheard of. She watche severything in the D.C and remembers how many times she has to remind you of the policy's. She does an assesment every year and makes sure things are done. What has happened? Is her manager receiving the credit for her? Lord knows that anyone can come into the light and say they know something about safety and they get all the cedit that she should have.I'm not the only one who see's it. Other associates congratulated her and she merely said "Thank you, doing what needs to be done." She has not received the recognition that she deserves. Yes, we have a Safety program, and that's how her boss received all the glory. But it's her on the floor taking the reigns. When will you see that "She's the One"? She is allway's respectful when she reminds us not to run, because we could receive a CTI.She does this with so much professionalism, it's un real. Every policy you could think of, she know's them by heart.I want to say thank you to her.

From Middletown — 01/25/2010

Got better profit sharing than last year.....YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA

From Amarillo,Tx — 01/22/2010

Does anyone know what is going on? It has been too quiet since Christmas. At our 4th qt meetings we were told our future depended on Decembers sales. Nothing eles has been mentioned... please share if you have info.

From Auburn , GA — 01/08/2010

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers frm Aug 2003-Oct 2007. I can say it was an okay company. The pay was good when I first came out of high school, or so I thought. Raise was ok. Benefits were okay.. My manager worked out my schdule with me for school. Depending on manager. Of course, everyone was expected to work mandatory OT in the winter. I think the thing that always bug me about this company was that it was always the same people getting recognized for everything. ALWAYS!! You can tell I was there for a long time, so I know. The only thing I think was stupid was sewing up the jacket/sweater pockets.. Then got checked with the metal dectator. Tim & Ken were both good manager. Everyone hated Ron Wilkes, but I personally thought he was ok.

From Atlanta,Ga — 11/14/2009

I have never worked in an warehouse before taking this job, After less than a year , I was given more responsibilities. I get along with most of the management team. I do see why people are concerned about their job security. It is a job and I see things that are issues, but it's hard to get managers to listen without worrying about your job security. I feel my job as an hourly associate is safer than as a salaried associate. I'm just thankful to have a job, just hope I can keep it. With Jan. around the corner, everyone's on edge.

From Vermont — 10/10/2009

Home Office: Please try to imagine this: Stinky Walmart people crawling all around your minimal workspace. Wailing babies constantly. One stupid question or comment after another from Walmart employees (Most recently: "I can't help with music because I don't listen to it." ) Tobacco juice dripped all over books. Dirty diapers found in the Value Bin. Political books "hidden" or constantly turned around. Twisting your body in ways you never imagined just trying to dig your buried merchandise out of the back with no help from anyone. All this and more done with grace, good-humor, and endless patience while attempting to beat the clock, beat the clock, beat the clock because of the crushing workload. Now imagine this: Dialing voicemail and instead of listening to some professional pertinent news, annoying "music" comes on for way too long in an effort to be light and funny. Is heavy metal music supposed to cheer me on when all it does is add to my overloaded noise level? I appreciate the effort to not be dull, but please consider your audience. Try being motivated with Gene Simmons in one ear and a screaming baby in another. We're dialing in from Walmart, folks, not from the peaceful ashram. And our stress levels are off the charts. When in doubt, just keep it SHORT and professional. Watch the reiteration problems too. Believe me, it'll be a breath of fresh air.

From Southside, VA — 09/08/2009

I love my job. This company has been good to me. I worked in retail for 21yrs. before losing my job due to a lay off. It was very painful. I love what I do and I love going to work every day. Every day is something different and I love change. Untill you lose a job you really don't appreciate a great company like Anderson.

From Alaska — 09/01/2009

I've read alot of your comments and want to say sorry for your bad experiences. I worked in Alaska and had two of my own stores and filled in all over the state usually weekly. I had to fly to the stores to work, it was pretty crazy gettin up at 3am and then returning home sometimes the following morning at 3am! But, I volunteered to do this. I had a very busy territory but I managed to lead in sales more often than not. I rarely had help. There were a few things that I didnt agree with that could have been rectified such as time spent with downloading and uploading your intermec, the office stuff you had to to at home, running to the post office for all of the merchandising materials, and not having a company cell phone was a biggie for me.....using a walmart payphone was a stupid waste of my time. I also agree with the lawsuit....But I have to say that overall I loved my job! I worked my tail off ! I loved every minute of it. I was paid well but I also earned it. Except for the office/intermec time spent off work that I think we should have been paid for I worked my butt of for 8 hours....ran pretty much through out the stores..I managed my time like a madwoman. I didnt chat up all the wally-world employees, I worked! Because of this I didnt need to be at my stores crazy hours except for resets. I think I had a great trainer and learned time management years ago and what a plus that was. I never got involved with the company b/s. I was pretty much left alone up in Ak. Unfortunately I was injured on the job and had to leave. My will was stronger than my body and I still to this day miss my job. Something that I learned years ago was that if things get bad at a job you loved once...put your head down and get to work. Things will clear themselves up and you'll be he better for it.......................its always worked for me.

From Amarillo, TX — 08/27/2009

Pay - it depends on the field of work you are in, Anderson compensates similarly to other companies in the area. Some fields of work pay better than others, so anyone who is unhappy should either go to another company or find a new field of work.

Respect - You get what you give and what you earn.

Benefits - not the best, but not the worst.

Job Security - no job is completely secure in this economy.

Work/Life Balance - if your job expects more than you are willing to give, find another job. We are all expected to go above and beyond at times, no matter who we work for.

Career Potential/Growth - Growth starts with each individual. Do you have goals for yourself when it comes to your career? Have you shared those with your manager so they know where you want to go and asked them to help you grow in that area?

Co-worker competence - every company has people who skate by and people who excel, this company is no different.