Working at Alpine Access — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Alpine Access pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Alpine Access

From Orlando, FL — 10/16/2010

I have had a decent experience so far, it's just like every other company I've ever worked for. They make mistakes. It's a call center job, which basically sucks if you've never worked at a call center before. I've always been paid my proper amount, which is more than I can make in my area for similar work. I've not had any problems that I can think of. However, I'm on a credit card client and I am told from other CCPs it is one of the best clients to be on. If your reading this and you are thinking of applying, use your best judgement. Everything is outlined correctly on thier application and interview process as far as my experience goes. In fact, my background/drug screening was not the full $45 that they told me it would be.
Just keep in mind more people scream about bad experiences than positive ones. I'm simply returning to the site I referred to before I accepted the job to let people know that despite the bad reviews, I took the job and I am happy.
Oh, and I noticed someone running around calling people "shills", w/e that means. Im not gonna go into a flame war with you if you find the need to call me nasty names because I don't agree with you. I respect your opinion, but I think people should hear both sides of the story before they discount a job that they might need.

From azle, texas — 10/14/2010

It seems a lot of people have a bad experience with this great company and come here to gripe about it. Well, as an alpine employee I will defend them. So far, it's great. I'm a trainee, and they have been up front with everything. Some people on here complained that the team lead would stop answering their questions after asking them over and over and over. Well, they train you to learn how and where to find those answers on your own. Any team lead will get aggervated when an employee don't know how to find these items themselves. that's part of the job. They do everything they say. This is a JOB, you come into work, have your breaks, then go home. 9.00 and hour is awesome compared to the local jobs around here. No where else could I make that much money. They give bonuses that are great, and even the company I'm with may give me some of their products for personal use. I can't wait to finish training. If I fail and have to find a new job, I'll still have the same review for this company.

From Here, There, Everywhere — 09/28/2010

Alpine is a great place to work if you have disciplined work ethic. You come to work, do your job and 'go home'. Now if you think you can clean house, chase after kids, go out and talk to the neighbor while you are suppose to be working, then Alpine is not for you.

Alpine is like any other job, they expect you to show up, work your scheduled shift, and meet metrics. There are ups and downs as with any job.

You are made aware of the shift commitment, equipment needed, $45 background fee (Alpine pays most of this $120) when you are interviewed and offered the position. If you accept this position and hours you expected to be there.

I'm not a shill so dont' waste your typing. If you worked as hard at your job as you did as being on 'Shill Alert' you'd of been successful at Alpine.

From Fort Benning, GA — 07/01/2010

I just want to say that I'm very happy to have a job and be able to work from home to take care of my husband who is a disabled veteran. No it's not going to make me rich but it helps to pay the bills. Give me the name and numbers of anyone else that will pay me $10\hour to work from home with a flexible schedule.

From Florida — 06/26/2010

I had to take some time to write a review. Before anyone lables me a company shill or spy please save your typing. I am just a CCP who makes way less then most other programs. My program pays 8.00xhr but we are treated with respect, kindness and made to feel as if we matter. The Retail Fashion team represents one of the best retail companies out there today. My review is of the program I work on along with Alpine Access.
Some things to consider is not all accounts are the same. Managers and Team Leaders differ from program to program. Just like any job some are bad managers who do not know how to connect with people and other managers are the superstars that make a company great.
I have been with Alpine access for a little over a year now. I started off on the smart phone support program. What a joke that was. Avoid it. Horrible. Bad managers all around. I have friends there still who are trying to leave.
I joined the Retail Fashion team in April. I was part of the original group. I took a pay cut to be here. Sometimes the money is second to the feeling off support and the knowledge that I matter as a person.
My team leader is fantastic. She is personable and fun. She is approachable and all of us on the team know we can call her day or night for anything big or small.
The Account Manager is the best that I have delt with. He is in chat daily, calls us on the sparc phone just to touch base. At his level I am sure he is busy but we are never made to feel as if he is too busy for us. Everyone on the team feels this way.
Our coach is tough but firm. She gives us tips and coaches us on how to make our emails or our calls better. Always has time for our questions and gives us the place to find the answer when she gives an answer.
If you can deal with the pay cut, next time they hire I would apply. I know 8.00xhr is horrible and we get less then the other programs.
Alpine does need to look at paying us more. I know that we all work hard and each program has it's own unique differences but we all work hard and deserve equal pay.
I do reccomend Alpine to my friends and I tell them to be cautious of what program they place you on. If it has anything to do with cell phones or computer support I tell them to SAY NO.
As a ccp I know that we have a place to come to and work each day and feel supported and made to feel as if we matter and are important. In a recent team meeting the account manager made it clear that he is here for us. It is not often that you hear that from a boss and he really is my bosses boss :) so one step above my team leader.
So is Alpine perfect not at all. The program I am on is pretty close to perfection. It has it's hiccups and its painpoints but we work on them together. Not one of us sitting thousands of miles apart feels isolated and not part of something great.

From Pennsylvania — 06/24/2010

I have been working for alpine access for the past several months. I absolutly love it. I was one of the lucky ones that got to choose my hours and it doesn't interfere with family time at all. Having my own office at home is a dream. My coaches and trainers were amazing and anytime I need any support or have questions, they are there to help. Bathroom breaks, all you do is ask and you will be grated time to do that. It is called PERSONAL TIME! I do technical support, and although you can get those nasty calls, there are those that are so sweet and just makes your day great. Alpine Access is definately a wonderful company and I would recommend them to anyone looking to work from home.

From CO — 06/17/2010

6 years and counting. Not bad for working at home

From Denver, CO — 06/06/2010

This is a work at home job. I really enjoy it because it allows me to have better control of my time and work environment. I don't have to commute, and I don't have to deal with annoying coworkers. There are some incompetent people, but my direct supervisor, payroll, and some of my trainers are excellent. They're very trustworthy, honest, helpful, and approachable. My biggest gripe with this company is time off requests and pay. I honestly think some of the reviews on here are about the person doing the review and not the company. I would refer anyone to work for them if you don't have a lot of bills.

From Denver, Colorado — 05/31/2010

Working from home is great. A few months ago, I joined the cell phone tech support team. I have been taking calls for a couple of months. At first things were not great, but recently something has happened as my TL seems to be asking me every other day if I am doing ok and can they help. Nice change from previous. I would discount what everyoje says about pay. If you think you are going to get rich taking calls fom home....well then you must not be that smart. While you do have to show up for work, there is flexibility as you can swap shifts. Hey, there are not many real work from home jobs, so I am going to make this one work.

From poopshoot, USA — 05/22/2010

I personally LOVE Alpine Access they have treated me with the utmost respect. Don't listen to what these other retards are saying. Just because they failed at life, Alpine and or interviews, doesn't mean that the company is terrible it just means you guys are not good at it. Alpine is not for everyone you have to have self discipline to work for home. You have to get up everyday and come to work! I almost forgot the last guy who talked about the Xbox position i got the job so I don't know what you did but you must suck it was a very easy interview if you know what you are doing. I haven't been to those sites either but with a little searching i found the answers right away. All those pages were a test obviously and everyone had to do it. Also i really doubt you can be a kid and work at alpine i am sure there is some age requirements and obviously that Jeffery guy is doing good otherwise i doubt he would have the job. So please take all of this in consideration and don't bash on someone or a company because you didn't get the job or failed at it.