Work at Alorica Inc. — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Alorica Inc. pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Alorica Inc.

From Greenville, SC — 03/04/2010

The company is not bad to work for. People need to understand that Alorica is new to this area and there will be bumps in the road for a new company. You will always have at any job people going this or that its called life people if you don't like it stay home and not work. I find it amusing the things to read on here but know this Alorica is a "new" company they have bumps in the road just as other companies do, either hang on for the ride or bow out gracefully. They may not pay the best or have the best benefits but you do get the chance to work with some great people there.

From Terre Haute, in — 02/28/2010

Honestly the job isnt that hard. benefits suck tho.

From terre haute — 02/02/2010

really great people make it a great place to work. they offer tons of overtime, bonuses, and a program to promote to management. a family friendly place that is not only clean, relaxed, flexible, and caring, but also is kinda fun. i really like my job. i had a good trainer and a have a good manager. the people and the management are fantastic. thanks for making it a great place to work.

From lafayette,IN — 02/02/2010

Its not a bad place to work, plenty of opportunity!

From Lafayette, IN — 01/31/2010

OK so lets think about this it is a Call Center........ So yes it does not pay 40k a year or have free benefits but it does provide honest work for honest pay. The site is clean and the management staff does care. They will work with you on your stats and try to help you improve. I know that some people have been put on warnings for not meeting expectations but come on if you have been here for 3 or more months than you should be able to follow a call flow. That is all you really have to do to meet the expectations. They just did a fund raiser for Haiti which is awesome that they care to give back to the community. We have been told that a new program is coming and I believe it is even though we have been told that for months. This is business people and nothing is ever on the perfect time line. This company has given me a chance on a career not just a job. YEs some of the people that they have given a promotion to may have been questionable but that is not for me to say. Derek, Chris, V, Mike, Mat, Tasha, Jeremy, Jenifer and Phil all care about us and want the best for the employees. So keep up the GREAT work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Fort Myers, FL — 01/16/2010

Love the job.

It pays more than enough to live on. I've been here for more than 90 days and the calls are relatively easy to handle. Every once in a while you get a weird one.. But QA scores generally easy to keep up.

I absolutely love working for this company > They may be cheap, the workstations may not be the most comfortable, but what can you expect? This is a call center. I'm generally satisfied with my job.

From Tulsa, Ok city of faith and eastgate — 01/09/2010

Having been there when DecisionOne released the account to Alorica, then having quit to go elsewhere, my return to Alorica was to have some money coming in due to the local economy. The only improvement by Alorica in the years since they took over has been the new call center, every remaining category listed other than "environment" has taken major strides backwards and appears to be continuuing on this path to destroying itself. Regardless of the total points Alorica still a failing grade as an employer.

From Manhattan, KS — 11/28/2009

Pay: Livable, but inconsistent. Whatever they tell you about bonuses, don't count on it. I saw the shift differential go from $1.00/hr to $0.25/hr in exchange for a new "pay for performance" program it's nearly impossible to qualify for; the first two paychecks of that were screwed up so badly that some employees had to pay back hundreds or even thousands of dollars. That said, I can definitely count on getting my 40 hours in, which is more than I can say for a lot of other places I've worked.

Respect: My experience has been that if you know what you're doing and you're nice about it, most people will respect that. Most.

Benefits: What benefits? The vanishing bonuses? The "limited benefit" health plan that doesn't cover anything you actually need? The vacation time you can never use? Or are you talking about the occasional free hamburgers and trivia contests to win Alorica coozies?

Job Security: Hahahahaha... Nearly everyone at Alorica is in a constant state of almost being fired. I swear, there's somebody sitting in a little room somewhere whose sole job is to come up with new things to write people up for. At the same time, they're desperately hiring anyone with a pulse. These two factors combined create the "Alorica revolving door" of people quitting/getting fired and then coming back in 3 months or so for another month of paid training.

Work/Life Balance: You can work 20 or 80 hours per week, it's up to you. They spend a lot of time fishing for overtime hours, but I've never been called in on my day off.

Career Potential/Growth: Working at Alorica opens up limitless opportunities for lateral promotions. If you want to do something different, but with no change in pay or authority, you can move from agent to roamer to QA to training and back again until the end of time. If you want to work more and get paid less, you can get promoted to Team Manager.

Location: I kind of like it here.

Co-worker Competence: Since most of the people working at any given time are pretty much fresh out of training, it's hard to get mad at them for being a little lost sometimes. If you get pissed off at anyone, it's going to be the AT&T COR store reps who tell customers to call in and ask for credits.

Work Environment: Alorica is a pretty good place to work. You get to sit down all day in a well-lit, climate-controlled environment. If you have health issues, they will accommodate you. It's inbound calls only and you don't work on commission. Sometimes they even give you free food. On the whole, probably the best job I've had so far.

From Cape Coral, FL — 11/12/2009

Honestly with all of the crap that I have been through my life. This was probably one of the best jobs that I have had so far. I have had factory jobs, other call center jobs, and have worked in retail enough years to realize the amount of inquities someone has to put up with just to survive. The main problem there is that they do not value the knowledge you posses as an employee. All this company is worried about is making their money per call and reducing the amount of time that you are on the phone. There is also alot of office politics and favoritism, if you are the quiet intellectual doing his job correctly type of person they total dispise that on the other hand if you are a social butterfly but doesn't know anything rest assured that you will be guarenteed a position in the company for the rest of your life. The company itself has been suited many times over for discrimination and bias and with me working the in IT field for a very long time, this is one comapany that overall you do not want to work for in the long run. They take what you have worked soo hard to learn and they confuse you and they pick out the honest to working folks who honestly do their job for a living and they figure out ways to get rid of them

From simpsonville, SC — 11/02/2009

omg people, ive been here for a while and alorica has its ups and downs, but you wanna know something? ITS THE SAME ANYWHERE YOU GO! damn people quit complaining. at least you have a job. it may not be that much of a check but its better than nothing! and if you are going in with a bad attitude, thats proly the reason you hate it. damn people. suck it up and be happy you have a job