Working at Alorica Inc. — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Alorica Inc. pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Alorica Inc.

From Greenville — 10/09/2010

90% of the agents are black 90% of the management team is black to include there H.R. team. They fire people for low performance,
People think all they have to do is show up and then when they cannot even do that or their job and get fired, well then Alorica they have to be raciest.
I am just curious with pretty much all of ALorica's management team being black how could anyone think that they are raciest. I like it here and I work hard everyday
Alorica treats me fine and at the end of the day itís a call center people love to stir the pot and when there is nothing to complain about they make things up.

From simpsonville sc — 07/01/2010

I just think for all you people ou there complaining, get over it, its life. And yall can fall back off of Shannon. No the pay is not the greates however it has come a long way so dont complain cause you could be in the unemployment line or at DSS begging for food stamps or something. We should be greatful we have a job. AND FURTHER MORE IF YOU HATE YOUR JOB THAT MUCH.......QUIT!!!!!!!!!! I HAPPEN TO LOVE MY JOB!!!!!!!!!! YES I'M A QA BUT SO WHAT. I HAD TO WORK HARD SO QUIT WAITING FOR A PROMOTION TO FALL IN YOUR LAP AND TAKE YOUR JOB SERIOUSLY. WANT MORE MONEY....HELP TO MAKE THE COMPANY SUCCESSFUL!!! THE COMPANY HAS TO PAY OUT WHEN THESE NAGGING AGENTS DONT MEET KPI'S SO BE A LITTLE MORE UNDERSTANDING.

From Greenville, SC — 04/12/2010

I visited this website when I about to start training with Alorica. I read it, and was very dismayed. I thought, "Surely this company is going to end up disappointing me. From what I've read, this is not going to be the positive experience I want it to be." You see, I come from a long line of manual labor and service jobs, terrible, mind-numbing jobs that made me feel like a piece of machinery. And I hated those jobs. My feet hurt at the end of my 12 hour shift at the BMW manufacturing plant (which is also in Greenville), my thumbs ached. When I worked at Subway, I was so stressed out from the managerial turmoil and responsibilities placed on me (For which I received minimum wage after working there for three years, the same as every one else who had been there for less than a month), that this job seemed perfect.

I've come to realize something. This job is exactly what you make it. People who have a positive attitude, look forward to work, and enjoy the challenge of improving their AHT, QA, and QOS will love this job. The pay isn't AMAZING, but with my full 40 hours a week and better pay, I'm making double what I was at my last job. Plus free health insurance, and cheap dental/vision discount plans. I live forty-five minutes away from the Greenville call center, and it's STILL well worth the drive (Although I do plan on moving soon to be closer).

It's the people who don't care, who just want to get through the day, who have only a drive to maintain enough of a statistical edge to keep their job and avoid getting yelled at, that complain. It's the people who expect everything to be handed to them, who hate the fact that they have to think and be creative and actually try to HELP these people who hate this job. People do not stand behind you and bark at you to get off of calls; The worst I've seen ANYONE experience is that a floor-walker will come up behind you, report to workforce that they're helping you on the long call, and then ask if you need help. Yeah, sometimes they can be a little short when they're telling you how to resolve the call, but think about it - All day, they're having to think fast and try to devise the best way to get these calls finished. Why is AHT important? Because when customer's stay on the phone for a long time, they get cranky. And the longer you stay on that call, the less overall people you can help that day. The less people you help, the less you are doing to earn your pay. How would your boss at a grocery store feel if it took you thirty minutes to bag one customer's groceries? Even when I was on a call that took 15-20 minutes to get resolved, I was never once made to feel like I should rush the customer off the phone, and in fact in training and on-the-phone training, it was made clear to me that even with a walkie-wielding floor-walker behind me, I shouldn't feel rushed to get off the phone. They are there to help me. Once again, I think it is the childish and the eager-to-be-the-victim that think of them as "barking at them to get off the phone!!"

And as for the people who say the stats are impossible to hit: I have been on the phone for 2 weeks. At this point, I have been within 2 minutes of the monthly AHT goal the whole time, and for the past 4 days, I have MET this goal or even surpassed it each day. My quality scores are also above the requirement. So why is it that people who have been there for 6 months can't meet these goals? Because they DON'T CARE. There is one person I work with in particular that I know does not care about his job. He will walk away from his phone, avoid taking calls, and generally seems to have NO CLUE what he is doing. I answer his questions like I was a floor walker, and I've been there the exact same time as him.

So, bottom line...This job is not perfect. This job is not amazing. But this job is good, and it's definitely what you make of it. If you want to go in with a sour attitude, thinking that the management is being aggressie and mean because they give you GOALS - You might want to stay away, and perhaps prefer a job where they simply give you tasks and you complete them. If you enjoy being challenged, and having a job where you can develop a true skill at it and even have a chance at advancement if you excel at the skills required and applly yourself, then you might want to give Alorica a shot.

I know I'm glad I did.

From Terre Haute — 04/07/2010

Okay I was with Alorica until late 2009 this company sucks. The managers are way too young and inexperienced and some show favoritism which is rediculous.Some of the trainers are cool but do not prepare you for shit. The whole nine weeks is nothing but bullshit they might as well just throw u on the phones becasue that is the only place you aregoing to learn anything. The pay is okay it pays my bills. The customers half the time are dumber then dirt and yell at you becasue there son junior son of a bith HAD 300 dollars in overages because momma dumbass was a cheap ass mother fucker and got junior son of a bith the 200 messages for 5 dollars which was truly fucking retarded because she new he was a teen and was going to text more then that come on he is a teen ager for god sakes really? 200 messages what fucking teen only uses 200 messages maybe if he was a 90 year old but no hes a fucking teen. Its mamma son of a bith's fault her son ran up the bill not mine im the fucking guy who is supposed to help u out so dont fucking cuss me out for your fucking retarded logic.Well on to the company the location for me is okay but the parking lot is dangerous as can be. Well anyways on to the security issue they bitch about people coming intoi the building without a lanyard well if u really care so much you frugal mother fuckers hire some security god damned ur all dumb ass mother fuckers the compay i swear is ran by retards.Ohh and one of the opps managers was so excited becasue andy lee said he would sign the fucking wall if the aht got high woopdy fucking doo its a fucking wall who fives a shit. Also travis was the greatest boss i ever had and im sure eh didnt leave on his own choosing but he was a great guy and from what i heard after he left shit went down hill o well verizon will be coming to town and everyone will leave the dump known as alorica for better pay.From what I hear alorica is on its way out any ways.Well the people i worked with i liked the people that were in my training class liked my trainer but some of the people that work there need to be fired they are dumb as hell smoke rocks and are high or drunk all the time but the people who actually do there job right are the ones who get in trouble. There drug test is rediculous. Its a mouth swob which is like the most unrelaible drug test u can do. Weed stays n ur urine longer then it does in your mouth but o well. The test you have to take before you get the job isso fucking easy that a monkey could pass it. Enjoyed helping the people who were respectful to me but the peopel who blamed me for clearly there fucking mistakes well they can go to hell. I was glad that i left alorica.Didint put in my two week notice and they were liek well you wont be able to come back and I was liek who gives a fuck. I am in fucking law schoool now in california.I dont think i really care about going back to that dump.

From el paso, tx — 04/01/2010

I have worked here before and had to quit for personal issues then came back to work. If you like working late night shifts in el paso this is the place to go. Pay ain't great but with economy nowadays $8 an hour is great. Expect to see or suspect about management under the influences of weed or pills after the main people leave. People don't take the job seriously for the most part. Its kinda sad for a place to be runned with little customer appreciation. Not many go above and beyond. But anyway its a stable job and its very easy to keep.

From Terre Haute, In — 03/30/2010

I dont understand the people who want to b**** about the pay. they knew what they were getting paid when they interviewed with alorica. i have been there for 16 months and i like my job. the pay yes it could be better but ya know what u deal with it. yes there are tms that dont know or do much and there are those that go above and beyond. but people dont realize all that tms do. they are responsible for 20 agents and doing everything for those agents taking sup calls, answering questions, qualitys, monitoring attendance and going to att and alorica meetings. could u do it? ask yourself this before u start gripping about what a tm may or may not do for u. and if u get a discipline action chances r u deserved it. i don't know of many jobs that let u leave early where a tm may not say anything or that let u show up late with no consequences. if u don't like the job then just leave don't go complain to everyone and there brother.
if u show up and do your job then u have nothing to worry about. thats all u have to do is ur job. don't worry about what everyone else is doing and why they get away with this and i don't that is kindergarten bullsh*t. why should u care what someone else does. worry about yourself.

From Lafayette — 03/13/2010

Alorica is what you make of it. Yeah you can find higher pay but rest assured you will find no greater chance for growth. I'm an employee at the Lafayette location and have enjoyed my time here. The management staff is of a very high caliber, yet very diverse in there approach to the daily grind. I've found the diversity within to be the backbone of our strength. Some may get discouraged and rant of unfair treatment, that's ok I do have high goals and plan to achieve them once those of you with negative attitudes are gone. I can honestly say I enjoy going to work and find those that cry everyday quite comical. When I'm not being entertained by grown adults acting like four year olds Im doing. my pto advance and maybe get promoted. Maybe those complaining should take a long hard stare in the mirror andget over themselves. The work isn't hard and if you try ever so slightly its actually quite easy. Does it have room to grow, YES! Is it a great place to work, YES! My manager cares about me AND ALL MY COWORKERS! I do have one last thing to say give it up for the managers, trainers, Phil, and even Derek they work hard for us all daily. If you find your self asking what can I do to pass the boredom try this, WORK!!!! I find the TMFS funny even though I agree with it. If you're looking for a job its a great place and the managers are getting rid of the negative attitudes or reforming them. I'm impressed with a few of them and the abilities they have only to sit around and complain in between the seemingly never ending calls. I personally look forward to working with or for some of these managers soon. The ability and and patience they show is amazing sometimes. Of course I like others have a favorite, but they're all good. You want to grow go one way leaen go another honestly they all bring something different but equally important to the job. Sure I look for a lot of them to move on theyre talented, but i intend on filling those positions left vacant and learn as much as I can until then. Great job Alorica Lafayette on a first class organization!!!

From Manhattan, Kansas — 03/06/2010

I've been at Alorica for about a week, and have listened to multiple calls already. Two out of three times, I sat with someone who was competent and caring. But from what I've seen, most employees couldn't give two shits about their job, or the customers. The supervisors are absolutely unreal, I saw someone who had a "Soup Call" (which means the customer wants to talk to a supervisor), and the supervisor came over, looked at the screen, then decided to go buy a Coke and sit around and talk to other slack-off supervisors for awhile, before coming back and telling the girl to "figure it out herself."
I've seen people put a customer on hold while they went to the bathroom. I've seen people who promised a customer something, then they just never followed through. This of course, won't count against the employee, since the customer probably won't find out about it until the next bill, and by then its already 30 days later, so "call back" points don't count against the employee.
On the upside, there are some employees who truly care about the customer and enjoy their job. These people will go above and beyond to ensure the customer doesn't have to call back. Overall, I enjoy working here, I just feel sorry for the customers that get sent to the slackers.

From Terre Haute, IN — 03/06/2010

THI lost a very good mentor and fabulous site director today, he is an inspiration to us all and will be sadly missed. One of the best bosses someone could have, and I am glad I had the opportunity to work with him.

From greenville sc — 03/05/2010

Alorica has good people and that makes it a fun place to work . We are always winning things and doing other activities ...It reminds me of a company I use to work for and was laid off becuase they closed down. I like my co-workers and the supervisors I have came across , they are always willing to work with you and help if they can . When we do things I like that management comes and says thanks you . The little things like this make it a great enviroment to work . I will continue to work hard and enjoy everything Alorica has to offer me . Alorica has advancement opportunities for everyone . I would recommend that you come and check it out .