Working at Allstate — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Allstate pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Allstate

From Las Cruces, NM — 07/17/2010

worked at the Express Office for 18 months and loved it. The LC office is small and tightknit. I had a great team leader, the FPL'S and the MCM were very professional and respectful. So it seems that it really depends on what office you actually work out of regarding your experience with this company. As always there are people that do not adjust to change very well and would rather gripe about it instead of making the best of it. Yes, after learning a process one week it would sometimes change the following week and then change yet again; but we make changes everyday we wake up.
The pay at this office was above average for the location. The other benefits were also above average for this area. PTO, my time your time, swaps and schedules were very clear and concise. And yes you can actually get a 100% quality claim processed in 15 minutes or less. I did numerous times, so did my team members and numerous processors at this location

From San Mateo, CA — 06/11/2010

Allstate was a terrific company to be employed with, GEICO recruited me out with alluring pay. The management is wonderful. Spent a good three years out in the field and drive in and I have to say thisd is an excellent company to be employed with at every level.

From NY, NY — 01/30/2010

While this partnership IS NOT for everybody, it is GREAT. The pay structure enables me to earn without limitation. First year $65k, second year $150, Third looks like $250,000 plus. will keep you posted. As a producing rep everybody respects and looks up to me. The company does not provide benefits but gives me enough earnings to buy my own. My residual income is growing and very stable and bonuses fluctuate. It took me 7 moths to build a good business and reach some of my financial goals (which changed for the better since).
This Business is my life. I love it. i get to make money 24/7. took my kid to a store and got a new account.
The career potential is great. I am running a group of trainees from whom i receive leads for the time i invest in them. (I am no longer upset for giving away some leads), The best part is I don't wait for a raise, promotion or otherwise. I CREATE MY OWN OPPORTUNITIES. The location is great for a job in NYC, while some people work from sub-offices, home and independently.
The company recently invested in more staff and has brught some of the most competent people in the business to join the family.
This work environment taught me to be independent, self reliant, goal oriented and made me someone I would have never been. A Millionaire!

From New Jersey — 11/20/2009

Interesting site----I am a long time claims employee of Allstate and on balance I am satisfied with my job. I think since the company went public that there is little concern about input for the employees on the front line. The retirement and profit sharing are great. The overall benefit package, though a little pricey, is good. The local management staff does what it can. They are limited they can have to "manage" and the claim processes come from above. The claims next gen operating system as proven to be a disaster and has hurt what has been one of the best claim departments in the industry. Pay grades have recently been frozen and many of us at the top haven't gotten raises in years. Sure the times are not good, but many resent that the upper management still gets their bonuses, stock options etc. This is corporate America and there is little you can do about it. Overall, I am lucky to have started with Allstate when I did. I am thankful there was a time that salary administration was aggressive. I will be retiring within the next couple of years. I don't know if I would recommend Allstate as a place to start to work. Employees are overworked and not treated with the respect they had been in the past. I think if upper management doesn't wake up the employees may seek to unionize in the future. Glad this didn't happen in the past, but the environment now has reached a new low as to work expectations.

From Charlotte, NC — 03/28/2009

I have a very different perception of Allstate in comparison to the many reviews currently listed out on this site. The reality is that I work in a call center, which is fast paced environment with ever changing processes and procedures. This is simply the nature of the beast. I have worked for other companies in which I was not valued or provided with growth opportunities which is worse then taking back to back phone calls. I have been given opportunities that I would have never had, had it not been for Allstate. In this day and age I am thankful to work for a company that continues to provide a 401K and pension benefits with many other incentives built in. This isn't a perfect environment however it is better then I have ever worked in. I give Allstate 110% and in return they do the same. There is no such thing as perfection but I truly believe that the decisions made by management have the best interest of the employees in mind while leveraging the business(it is a call center). For folks that cannot see the genuine interest of their co-workers I sometimes wonder if they have worked any where else. In today's economy it is tough, companies are demanding more and more of their employees and it is not just at Allstate it is everywhere. The world is moving at an extremely fast pace and those that don't step up will be left behind. This isn't just at Allstate but the reality of the times. I have been with Allstate for a couple of years and have received a promotion as well as other opportunities. Thank you Allstate!

From Danville, VA — 03/03/2009

I work for a great company. It is just the people that I work with are very disrespectful, lazy, and carry a lot of attitude. I am new to this business and feel as though I can not approach the manager with questions or concerns as most of the time he/she is making personal phone calls that can last well over 30 minutes. However, they are very lienient with personal errands and family matters. I just feel a little favoritism with the worker who has been there longer than me. This business is a constant learning process. I can't do that when I am afraid to ask questions.

From Woodridge, IL — 07/30/2007

Since I've started with allstate. I have had nothing bad to say about this company. Great base salary with great incentive bonuses monthly. All managers are very resourceful and helpful. We have many opportunities to grow with in the company. Great health benefits and Paid time off.

From South Barrington, IL — 04/04/2007

This is my first job working at a large company. I like the fact that I'm left alone to do my job. I don't like all the corporate red tape, but thats just part of working at a large company. All I can say is coming from two smaller companies, Allstate is a great company to work for. I'm definitely in good hands.

From Missouri — 03/07/2007

All of the other reviews have been from people in Home Office. Allstate is a very differnt company if you work outside of the Home Office. I have been with the company about 5 years and very much enjoy what I do. You can find A LOT of people who have been with the company 15 years or more and that speaks volumes. The pay, benefits, ability to grow/advance/develop are very good. Yes there are politics and yes you will once in a while work with someone who isn't competent. But you'll find that everywhere. I highly recommend Allstate as an employer.

From Northbrook, Ilinois — 01/07/2007

Good company with great people, always trying to do the right thing, gets a bad rap because no one likes insurance companies, but it's really a smart, fun place to work.