Working at Allied Barton Security Services, LLC — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Allied Barton Security Services, LLC pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Allied Barton Security Services, LLC

From San Jose, CA — 10/17/2010

This is more about my annoying co-worker than anything. Basically, if you have a pulse, Allied-Barton will hire you. I work at one of their more high profile contracts and for the most part it's an alright job. The pay sucks and raises are an impossibility. However we do get to watch TV and surf the internet all day.

My biggest gripe would be with a couple of my co-workers, one in particular. This guy is so bad that if he was fired there would be absolutely no difference in productivity. I've never seen so much incompetence in one person. When he was hired, he spoke about how well he could perform the tasks of the job and so far he's been terrible. Not only is he terrible, he also has annoying habits that drive me insane. They really should just get rid of him and pay me the money they pay him instead. Here's an idea of how bad this person is:

1. Botched several important projects and had to be removed from our shift for a month as a result.
2. Spends all day chatting with his friends on-line.
3. Spends all day chatting with his supposed long distance girlfriend.
4. Swishes saliva around in his mouth. Does exactly what I said, it's disgusting.
5. Comes to work looking really grimy and smells like he hasn't taken a shower in a week. Tries to mask it with tons of cologne.
6. Never accepts responsibility for any of his faults. There's always someone else or someone to blame.
7. Doesn't pull his fair share of the weight and tries to give harder jobs to other people.
8. Lied about another co-worker almost getting that poor guy in trouble.
9. Makes things up and lies constantly.
10. Really bad at his job overall.

I believe if a proper background check was done on this guy in the beginning he never would have been hired.

From Naperville, IL — 03/23/2010

I gave an honest review. I really enjoy working for Allied Barton located in the Naperville/Chicago, IL area. I have 8 years experience in contract security. 3 under Allied Barton and 5 under Initial Security who was bought by Allied Barton. I have worked my butt off from day one with above average pay...enough to provide for myself my wife and daughter. I took a two year break from security when I moved out of state but was able to get a job the day I handed in my resume to the Recruiter in the District Office. Since June of 09 I have been promoted to lead supervisor and am now a candidate for a site supervisor position located in the downtown Chicago area.

The account manager I work for is great and provides excellent leadership for the staff. Something that I have seen lacking in many other places. The officers know their role and while may not always agree understand that this is a job and there area certain requirements that must be met to fulfill the client contract. The district office takes care of the staff located at our site however because of the Account Manager as well as the other shift supervisor there is no need for the staff to go to the district office.

The only downside that I wll agree upon is the lack of benefits. If something could be done to help improve the benefits option believe me Allied Barton is a company I could make a career out of

I think most people who don't understand contract security or come from other fields will not enjoy the job.

From Parma, Ohio — 12/25/2009

AlliedBarton is the second security company I have worked with and found them to be top notch. True, the pay is not high but with the ecomony the way it is, a little is better than none. The group of officers I work with are mostly ex-military, but well experienced. There are other with limited experiences but again I would not trade them with anyone else. It is true that some security companies scrape the bottom of the barrel, but I have yet seen AlliedBarton do this. Our account manager is top notch and will listen to those who have problems with fellow workers. Being in the job force for over thirty-five years there are those who will blame everyone but themselves. Work hard and exceed your requirments will get you farther then always complaining that you did not get this or that.