Working at Aldi — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Aldi pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Aldi

From Michigan — 07/26/2010

I've worked at Aldi for about 3 years now and struggled the whole time with the division of my work and home life. As a current store manager I've found the line diminishing at an ever aggressive rate. I have loved Aldi, but, I don't know if I can sacrifice anymore of myself to stay with a company I feel is pushing more on me that I can handle. I find I'm grumpy and depressed a great deal of the time these days. I don't know what to do. I am a hard worker, a top store in the district... 545 productivities, .20 inventories, over $600,000 months... but how much more can I push?

From cleveland ohio — 06/28/2010

the job pays well but you have to work like 5 people job, and you never get a well done only you could have done better or what could you have done better?

From WI — 05/31/2010

I started as a cashier over 10 years ago and am currently a store manager. I have loved my job the whole time. I keep the store running clean and efficient. In return I don't have DMs on my back and my employees are hard working and respectful of my goals. I need certain days and time off and I do the same for my cashiers. I honestly don't know what some people’s problems are with Aldi's. But from experience the ones that hate the job where fired for stealing or money issues. Then there are just the cashiers that you can never satisfied with hours. They want them but when the weathers nice then they don't. Really. Those people I can deal without. But as of right now and the last several years I have been thrilled with my staff.
Thank You!!!!

From Fort Worth, TX — 05/02/2010

Let me just say: I LOVE working for Aldi. It is the best job I have ever had. I was excited when I got the job because I tried for 3 months to get it. I don't know why people complain. Yeah, it's a lot of hours, but you get PAID for those hours and I wouldn't complain if I were you because I came from a job where we only got like 4 or 5 hours on average for a week, so when Aldi said 20-40, I hopped on it! And the most exciting thing about my job at Aldi is that I don't have to drive to it...it is directly across the street from my house! For the people complaining: name a job where you sit down, get benefits, get a lot of hours AND get paid good money for those hours, get paid breaks....need I say more?

From Texas — 04/24/2010

Alright, I currently work for Aldi, but have no idea for how long. Aldi is new to Texas so we have grand opening left and right and therefore they keep sending me and other employees to different stores. Today I was sent to one store that had about 5 different managers and several other employees. The had me schedualed to work for 10 hours on the register basically non-stop, and since I was just a guest at there store they gave me a till made up from money in the safe. One manager told me I was starting off with $150, which now that I think back on it is total bull. They gave me like $50 ones and MAYBE $50 in coins. Between coupons and switching registers a lot, I some how came up $70 short at the end of the day. Though I think most of it was from being shorted in the morning and than paying the safe back more then I owed. Technically I should be fired, but we'll see. I'm not saying that the poeple arn't nice, the pay isnt great, but the hours are stupid, they take up all your free time, your rarely get breaks because it so busy, and if your scedualed to leave at 7pm expect to leave at 8:30pm. I really do want to find another job, its so sad that I hope they fire me.

From Florida — 03/20/2010

I recently started working for the company as a cashier. Apparently I was under the wrong impression when I started this job thinking I was only going to work between 20-30 hours a week. I work almost 40 a week. This was not a good idea as a part time job. That being said, I have had only wonderful experiences with my fellow employees, managers, and DM. Everyone has been very encouraging and understanding, but it has only been a couple of months. The notion of shift manager has been passed around a little bit but I am a little apprehensive since it would mean more work and that's not what I was looking for. So for people who are generally happy and can take things in stride, as well as people who really like to work alot, this job is for you.

From Tennessee — 02/28/2010

I have worked for Aldi in the office for going on 5 years now and I love it. The DoA gives you freedom to, once you are trained, to do your job without hanging over your shoulder. I have the utmost respect for all the store and warehouse employees. The store employees have a very tough job and I strive to give them all the support possible because of this. I talk with store managers and assts. all day and they have to be some of the hardest working people, they do get payed well but they work for every penny. I salute you guys and all I can say is to hang in there, do the best you can. I'm so very blessed to have a job with the economy the way it is whether I love it or not. Again to all you mgrs. and cashiers, I salute you guys because it's because of your hard work and dedication that this company is as successful as it is! I don't envy anyone who has to work with the public because that in itself is tough. Thanks guys!

From Elkhart IN — 02/26/2010

I have worked for Aldi twice in my life, three years each time. It was the best job I ever had. I was lucky, my managers were the best. My co-workers worked just as hard as I did, and everyone did their share. I was robbed while at my register and the care i was shown by the managers was awesome. Everyone came in, other employees, managers, everyone pitched in.

The money is great and benefits are awesome. No matter where you work, there are going to be things that you don't like, but you have to take the good with the bad, and Aldi is really one of the best places to work.

From Ohio — 02/24/2010

I've work at Aldi for two years, and I'm on the fence about how I feel about it. On one hand, I'm ready to be promoted and I love the job, but on the other hand, if I get promoted I'm not sure I will be happy with my work-life balance. I'm not happy with my boss. I think she is good at running the store, but I think she is selfish and unrealistic, and she doesn't stand up for her employees. It is EXTREMELY rare that I get told I do a good job, and it's hard for me to work in that environment. Yet it is a daily occurence to either be told that I did a bad job or have my boss tell me someone else did a bad job. I have worked at quite a few stores, and although this particular problem of the boss being a negative nancy isn't a real common problem, but it seems that every store has it's issues. I think it would be 100% better if there was an attainable point where you could do a good enough job. This is a good job. I love the people I work with, I enjoy interacting with customers, and working hard makes me feel good about what I do and makes me feel like I earn my paycheck. But the standards are very high, and that gets old real fast.

From ohio — 02/02/2010

i've been working for aldi over 5yrs now....for me its a love hate relationship...started off as a cashier now a shift. the pay is good..i get alot of shift hours so i'm not complaining and its nice to also have not so stressful days being a cashier. i have alot of customers that know me very personally and i like that...but i hate being told i'm not fast enough or i shoulda cut hours...it was pretty much up to me to make budget...and we did..but that shouldnt be my job..i hate on 20k + nights it just me and another cashier and they expect you out by 9...are ya kidding me? why were u there so late? uhh lets see the last customer left @ 8:30...store is trashed...outs everywhere...ringing constantly...still have to box an entire store...get cleaning done,,,,do orders....what do u want from me? i try so damn hard and most the time it doesnt even matter..very rarely i'll get postive feed back...and i need that in life...they should have some type of incentives. i know its too much too ask but they should...we did a couple times do fastest ringer got a gc....and of course i got that.:) . my one wish would to be is to have adequate help...there suppose to be changing the budget for the better but we'll see. i could get so much done if i had another body here and there.ahhhh aldi