Working at Aetna — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Aetna pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Aetna

From High Point , NC — 06/20/2008

I work for AWCA in High Point and am surprised at the comments previously given. I have found that if you are doing your job and meeting your metrics, then you can advance to any position within the organization. It is my understanding that you have to be meeting your 2% error rate to be promoted. Sounds to me like those complaining are the ones not meeting their goals. Those are usually the ones that scream the loudest. I love working for AWCA. The management staff is not perfect, but who is? They do treat you with respect and courtesy. They go out of their way to give you the training and things you need to do your job. Every job has a level of stress, but this one is minimal. Unless you are not doing what you should be doing. In that case I can understand you being stressed. I have found that the superviosr and team leads are very willing to listen if you go to them and ask for help or guidance.

As for the team lead that left, does anyone really know the whole story ? Maybe they weren't doing their job, may be they just didn't like being a team lead. Not everyone is cut out to be a leader. How can someone make accusations without justification.

I say if people are that miserable at work, then they need to find another job. Stop whining and do your job or leave.

From High Point ,NC — 04/03/2008

In the high point aetna I work for Customer service department. I love it. I love my supervisor, my department and aetna. Aetna is a great company to work for if you work hard and do your job you can realy advance. I dont know anything about the awca department at aetna but Unfortunatly the person who works for awca of aetna is in the wrong department. awca doesnt represent aetna as a company it's only that one department and if your unhappy with this supervisor go to human resource department and make a complaint, or complain to your temp agency or apply for another department.

From Pittsburgh PA — 02/04/2008

I think Aetna is an awesome company to work for. The possiblity for advancement is tremendous with the right amount of talent and hard work. I have not worked for the company for not long and have had received ample compensation and career advancement. Aetna is not a company that rewards slackers so if you do not put your heart into what you are doing, this is not the company for you. If you do however work hard- there is no limit.