Working at Advantage Sales And Marketing — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Advantage Sales And Marketing pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Advantage Sales And Marketing

From USA — 10/09/2010

Alot of people have vented on how bad this company is and my opinion it has it's share of goods and bads just like any company does. When I was hired they supplied a gas card with a set amount on it per month which was ok, they also had a car allowence both have now been taken away. The way they work the mileage is a joke. Most of the people on my team are pretty good and competent, I do have a good manager that understands what really happens in the field because he was a field rep for a few years which is nice that he can relate to our complaints and understands and offers good advice. I wish the pay was a bit higher but it beats the alternative. The location isn't that bad and the work environment is ok to. If you do a good job my manager will give you an attaboy plus he really motivates you to do a great job as well the team as a whole..

From Oklahoma — 10/07/2010

I see a lot of people complaining about this compay; but I think it all depends on what part of the country you work in, what division you work for and who you work for. I work with a great District Manager that is very respectful, flexiable and works with you through what ever issue you have.
The pay is a lot better than working at most of the other jobs part-time in this area, but it does have a lot of weeks where you only have 6 to 12 hours inbetween the nice weeks where you have 24 hours.
But overall, this is a nice job to have when you have kids or your retired and works out great for those types of lifestyle needs.

From Missouri — 08/18/2010

I have been working for this company for 5 months. When I applied online, I was told I would get 20-35 hours a week which is similar to what they told my co-workers, I average 1-3 days a week which is 6-18 hours/wk. Not enough for me, and it is so inconsistent to count on to pay bills, etc. You have to have internet access easily available because you get your schedule through the internet and have fill out a call report after every event you work in order to get paid.
Pay is the highest I have had, especially for just handing out food whether I prepared or or not.
Respect is not high or low. I'm just a worker, but I do feel that if you become the boss's smoke buddy than you get better demos and more hours, unfortunately for me I don't smoke.
Benefits are ok, haven't used much yet, but I'm just glad to have insurance because I usually have to work a couple of part-time jobs that don't offer insurance unless your full-time.
Job Security is good. My manager can't even fire who she wants to, only corporate can and they are taking their time getting rid of some troublesome employees. But as long as you show up and work you'll have a job.
Work/Life Balance like others have said before is easy because I work 1-3 days and week and 6 hours days. I like working days and having the evening free.
Career Potential/Growth is slim. As someone mentioned, being an event specialist our store as one manager and two lead event specialist (supervisors). One of my co-workers said that he might train to be an active lead if they are not there but he won't have the title.
The location of my store I work at is about a 15 min. drive. So I like that.
Co-worker Competence is good. I think were all smart people. I think some of my co-workers don't try to push sales or try to do their job well. Some take frequent breaks, and hang out in the back room too long. Those seem like they are gone more than they are doing their jobs. And they still get paid for working the whole time.
Work Environment is good. The thing I hate the most is my feet killing me for standing on a hard concrete floor in one place for nearly six hours. We don't get a break room. So often when I go back for a break or lunch, i can't even sit there either because we only have a couple of chairs there. I also can get tired of my day being so repetitive with my demos.

From Atlanta, GA — 01/31/2010

You get out of it what you put into it. It is easy work that allows you to meet people and enjoy seeing your efforts improve the looks of a store.

From Ashland,Ky — 01/05/2010

Retai. Project Merchandiser. I put in a lot of paperwork,ect. to get hired for this job thinking there would be a lot of work in my area. Hours are not guaranteed, but there are absolutley none to have. You do get to schedule yourself though, which would be fantastic if there is hours. A lot of time in the job boards they list places that are sometimes 2 hrs. away. Wouldn't really reccomend it, most of the pay is flat rate which is only like 10 or 12 dollars for doing sometihing small. Not bad if the store was close by and more work was available at other nearby stores. My manager has never once tried to contact me. Training is okay, over the phone. Easy job, really. I want more work!

From CA — 10/09/2009

I love working at Advantage Sales and Marketing. I have a very competent salary, and the benefits are not bad. But I do have to say that I work in the Corporate office, and I work with technology.