Working at Adecco — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Adecco pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Adecco

From Framingham, MA — 02/05/2010

My experience with Adecco was very good. I worked out of the Framingham, MA office. I was hired quickly and the staff there was very friendly. In no time I had started working my assignment which was at Verizon Wireless in Millbury, MA. Great job, great environment, and pretty decent pay. I was a college student so working at Verizon part time and making $11/hr was a boon. My assignment was scheduled to last 3 months but they liked me, so they kept me through the end of December. People who are negatively reviewing Adecco on here need to remember that Adecco is a staffing agency, and with that comes the expectation that NO, your job isn't secure. But Adecco is a great way to try out different jobs or even get your foot in the door someplace that would never have accepted part time workers otherwise (like Verizon.) I have nothing negative to say about Adecco. One more thing, though- if you're lazy, show up late, or a sloppy worker, they will get rid of you and replace you on a dime, without warning.

From CA — 01/07/2010

I have to say I have worked for Adecco for over 5 years and during that time I have been consistently able to move forward in my career. I understand every part of our job is not candle light and roses, but what job does have 100% all fun things to do. The benefits are not bad, it would always be nice if their were more but they are comparable to others out there, and cost us less. There are extra perks as employees that you have available too. As far as the pay. They pay pretty decent I have received an increase every year except for last year and with it being slow was not expecting it. I am just thankful that I have my job. So although you may have hated it, and felt that you were overworked, wasnt it better then sitting bored all day? So all in all I really like my job and am happy that I get to put people to work!

From new york city — 09/09/2007

I have to say I've been with Adecco for around 2 years after getting laid off from a job. It's true you need to live a different lifestyle if you decide you want to start freelancing. I work in IT. I have very little in the way of bills (except for a school loan) No car,( I work in NYC, public transport all the way). But I think you have to USE Adecco in the same way they USE you. I try and turn it around and make it all work for me, because believe me, Adecco is out only for their own best interest.

1st secure a good rate before taking on an assignment! The longer you work with them and the more competant you are in your field the more you can demand an hour. IF you consistanly go in and do good work for thier clients and leave an assignment on good terms you will have your recruiter in your hands as they'll always look for you when they have an assignment. Read the handbook COMPLETELY! Adecco recruiters most of the time will not tell you of benifits you have or things like overtime etc. YES you are el;igible for unemployment if you are under Adecco and not on an assignment. ( look at your pay check stub) Of course you have to read the manual because they won't tell you that. Use them to your advantage. Get what you can out of it and move on when your ready.

From US — 02/28/2007

I am an Adecco employee and I will start by stating that Adecco was my stepping stone in which I was placed at my first office job at 18. I had no experience and was happy that they entrusted me young butt to their precious clients (as you all claim). As with any business, Adecco is providing a service to their clients (the companies). You, me, and the rest that are or have needed a quick fix to unemployment, etc walk in there and request placement. We are the service that Adecco is supplying to their clients. YOU are representing Adecco and if YOU are not sucessful YOU affect the company reputation and product "gone wrong". I'd return anything that did not service my needs. It's a catch 22. You only get what you command. You go in somewhere and carry yourself like a "temp" you'll be treated as such. I do know places that treat their temps like crap. My suggestion, leave this assignment. If you are looking to work somewhere with a hope of becoming permanent. Request an assignment with a co. who is not requesting a "bulk supply" of temps. There is most likely an opportunity awaiting if you do well (it was for me). Finally, companies request temps for many reasons and rightfully so. There is a need, there is work, and there is a risk. Wouldn't you rather try your product before being "stuck" with it. And the stigma of temps being crappy exist for a reason. Because they actually turn out to be crappy. Don't contribute to the stigma by blaming the company who has placed you. Show the client that you have ethic, integrity, and have no shame in being a temp. If you look down on yourself others are surely to do the same.