Working at ACS — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about ACS pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at ACS

From Cheshire CT — 04/27/2010

This company seems to be doing alright by me. No complaints here. Those who are complaining, When did you quit,laid off and get fired? seems to be the case for mose of you complaining

From Telford — 04/23/2010

Not such a bad place to work, theres a lot worse, just look on ITV 3.
I'll come back tomorrow and sort out the moaners and moral, and anything / everything else.

Pay me the same as i'm on now, plus 30 Days Holiday per year, Usual benefits (car, pension, Death in service etc...) and Flexi time so i can build up hours to go boating on sunny days, at short notice.

I'll see you first thing Monday. you know my number ;-)
This is my first and Last post - "BGB"

From New Jersey — 04/20/2010

I left this company over 2 years ago and still follow these blogs just because they pissed me off so bad and the way I was treated- illegally un-ethically and the most unprofessional place I ever worked for. Now 2 years later the same opinions are ringing even louder. Xerox you bought a mess and everything just seems to be getting worse. The best part of it is I can sit back and watch. If you work here look atr it like this - it is just a paycheck and please look for another job . Have thick skin do your job go home and keep looking for another job

From Anywhere, any state — 01/29/2010

I worked at ACS for 18 months. Because of the SBU management structure every group at ACS will have a different experience. It really comes down to 1. the price they charge the client for services. ACS does a great job of winning business based on getting to the low price first, and two; How aggressively your SBU manager wants to make and exceed his P&L goals. If he/she is willing to accept huge turnover because he drives her/his people relentlessly to keep costs down you will most likely have a bad experience. However if you luck into an SBU that has a client that is a bit more willing to pay for qualtiy, and an SBU manager that takes a longer term view (if the contract length with the client allows for that) of P&L your experience will be much better. However be forwarned, in this market almost all ACS clients are looking for lower and lower costs. If ACS does not provide, the client will go elsewhere. Unfortunate fact of life. I do completely understand some of the very low ratings given by production employess past and present.

From Lexington, KY — 09/21/2009

"One ACS"... this was our company motto a few years ago, but whoever was responsible for the maintenance of this campaign must have been fired or their job was sent to India because there is no "One ACS" attitude coming from corporate headquarters. It's "kill or be killed" and "every man for himself". When I first started here over five years ago it was not like that, but since then, I've seen apx. 30 people get fired or leave because they didn't want to wait around for it to happen. There are roughly 100 of us left, and we are all under the assumption it is just a matter of time we'll be let go because our jobs will be moved overseas OR the positions will be elminated altogether.

What is truly sad is that the work atmosphere here in our building is great. For the most part, everyone gets along and works hard. The majority of the employees in this building are college grad professional-level people who work hard and take ownership of their jobs. The problem comes from Dallas corporate headquarters. What a mess! Constant in-fighting, bickering, blame-game bull! Corporate are complete control freaks - even if the plan works and makes profit, they'll want to change it into a sure-fail situation. Self sabotage ideaology. ACS is not a good monetary investment, nor a good employment investment, unless you want to worry about being fired EVERY SINGLE DAY OF YOUR LIFE. Not a healthy way to live.

From Tallahassee, FL — 09/14/2009

I have worked for ACS for over 10 years. I started as a temp employee in the call center. I've work a variety of positions including reporting to executive leadership. This company is the same as any other large multi-national conglomerate. Some divisions are great to work for and others are not. This is due to different companies being bought by ACS.

The pay used to be significantly less than EDS which is our primary competitor. However, EDS has gone through a series of pay cuts now making ACS competitive. Piece rate pay scales for front-line employees are different. 80% of folks make more than a competitor would pay at an hourly rate for the same job. However 20% make less; some even make minimum wage for a job that would normally pay $10.50/hr. It's all tied to quality and volume and attendance.

I've made a good career with ACS, and I now work from home in shorts and flip-flops. Pay was cut recently by 4% for managers and analysts but not for frontline staff. That's happening all over, even in State employees. On a whole, things have worked out very well.

From Lexington, KY — 03/31/2009

ACS has been great to me!

From Bangalore, India — 12/18/2008

ACS India is a very good place to work and look for very good career growth.

From Lexington, Ky — 07/09/2008

I have worked at ACS for over 3 years now, starting out on Leestown Rd then and now working at home. First, the one thing you need to know about ACS is that is should stand for Always Changing Stuff. There will be so many different opinions about this company because each department/project is truly different. When I worked on Leestown Rd we had a great supervisor, a great team and income was only limited by the speed in which you typed. Job security is not great, because projects are always being sent overseas to those who do the work for cheaper. I do agree with ACS being a big gossip center, but with that many people in one place what can you expect.
Supervisors truly make or break your experience with ACS. The great project I had once worked for on Leestown Rd was taken over by a different supervisor and litterly everybody but one person was bailing out of that department left and right.
Alot of "advancement" does seem to be on who you know and who you hang out with after work. Now I work at home. The environment is of course better, due to no drama at the workplace. Communication is pretty good I must say. Again we got a new supervisor, J.B., and whew she is a handful. It seems like she is always negative and does not know how to communicate well in her words.
This job at home doesn't pay as well as when i worked in office but then again i dont have to pay for gas $ or listen to the office drama either, so it's a good fit for me.
Bottom line, if you are ok with being switched from one project to another, having the ways in which things are to be done always changing, and you never know from one day to the next if your project will be sent oversees this is the place to be. In all fairness, ACS has so much work that there will always be a place/another project you can go to if you are a good worker...just the pay can change dramatically from one project to the next.

From NJ — 07/08/2008

Benefits compatible with industry. Job satisfaction and opportunities for growth depend of level and function: not so good for grunts, much better for management -- even mid-level. Better to work for than IBM and other hugh-size companies. Lots of opportunities. If you happen to work on a new account chances are there are going to be layoffs until they reach an optimal headcount. You are less likely to be laid off if you join directly, more so if you were outsourced to them from another company. To make a fair statememt, since ACS is a collection of accounts, your job satisfaction greatly depends on the account you're on. Some are great to work on, some much harder.