Working at Ace Hardware Corp. — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Ace Hardware Corp. pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Ace Hardware Corp.

From Fort Collins, CO — 10/20/2009

I love working for this company, it is probably the best high school/college job that anyone could hope for. I was hired by them 2 years ago, and there has never been any incidents which would make me consider leaving. Co-workers are all friendly and, for the most part, competent. Managers are professional but considerate, and the assistant managers present a knowledgeable and helpful attitude to customers, but are like buddies to the employees which is part of the reason that the work atmosphere is very low stress. Most of my co-workers are within 3 years of my age, and nobody is immature or rude. They are very flexible with scheduling, I've never had trouble balancing life and work.
The only issue I've given a negative rating for is pay. After 2 years of work I am making about 25 cents above minimum wage, and its difficult or impossible to get more hours. During the summer I've had as many as 35 hours in a week, but in the winter it slows down and I've worked as few as 7 hours in a week. But I am more than willing to forgive this, considering the rest of the job is great. I would definately recommend it to any of my friends.

From illinois — 05/25/2007

my boss was kind of scary, but i was still in high school and this was my first job... and i am a girly girl, so working at a hardware store where middle aged men asked me for advice on PVC pipe was interesting. but i was paid 6.50 an hour when min wage was 5.15. so i suppose it was worth it

From Naples, FL — 01/09/2007

I am basing my ratings on the Ace Hardwares in the Naples area which are owned and run by a great family that hires fantastic managers and support staff. The Ace Hardware products are great, but what is most encouraging is how wonderful the staff is to work with. It is a family environment and the staff genuinely cares about all customers and all other staff members. Ten years later, I still love this job. Ace Hardware is all about quality both in what is being sold and who is selling it. Obviously, I'm proud to be a part of this corporation!