Working at Academy sports & outdoors — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Academy sports & outdoors pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Academy sports & outdoors

From Greenville SC — 07/29/2010

People who complain about this job really need to stop and take a real look at themselves. Do you hate your job? Then don't work here. You don't like your pay? Collect unemployment. Want to keep your job? Do your work. Don't feel like doing anything? Stay home. Want to advance to a higher level? Learn all you can, ask questions, and apply for the job. You hate all the managers and most of us employees? Fill out an application at McDonalds on your lunch break. To all adults thats really looking for a job in this rat race Academy is a good start here in Greenville. Thanks for your time for reading something positive for a change about a company that puts some money in peoples pockets and SOME food on the table!

From Baton Rouge, LA — 06/16/2010

I enjoyed working for Academy. I was in the hunting/fishing department, and it was pretty cool. Before Academy I worked at Lowe's and I have a lot more responsibility at Academy, especially selling firearms and boats. The pay wasn't so great, and you take a lot of crap from customers like any job. I only worked there for about a year, but I learned alot. After 6 months you can contribute to the 401k, and the job security was great. You had to either steal merchandise, assault someone, or not do any work to get canned. A few people got fired when I worked there, one was stealing shoes, one didn't do any work, and another was stealing time (not clocking out). It sure beats flipping burgers or working at a grocery store, both of which I did back in HS. Overall a good job.

From Houston tx — 04/11/2010

THIS IS GOIN TO BE SHORT AND SWEET...
I HAVE BEEN WITH THIS COMPANY FOR QUITE SOME TIME NOW N ID HAVE TO SAY THE COMPANY AS A WHOLE IS A PRETTY GOOD BUSINESS TO WORK FOR BUT YOU HAVE SOME MANAGERS WHO THINK JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE A BLUE SHIRT THEY DONT HAVE TO FOLLOW PROTOCAL, CAN BE INSUBORDINATE, OR TALK TO THEIR ASSOCIATES IN ANY WAY OR DISRESPET THEM... WELL IM HERE TA TELL YA BUDDY THIS ASSOCIATE KNWW HER RIGHTS... CORPORATE IS JUST ONE CALL AWAY FROM HEARING ABOUT YOUR UNLADY LIKE HABBITS MS____! OR YOUR WAY OF TRYING TO MAKE CERTAIN ASSOCIATES OR MANAGERS FEEL BENETH YOU MR. ____!... ALLL I CAN SAY IS WATCH OUT FOR ME GUYS AS I PREVIOUSLY STATED I KNW MA RIGHTS AS AN ACADEMY ASSOCIATE...

THE RIGHT STUFF THE LOW PRICE.... ACAAAADEE!!.