Working at ABC Warehouse — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about ABC Warehouse pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at ABC Warehouse

From Toledo, Ohio — 12/28/2009

As far as complaints in other stores, I can't relate to how the managers run them. However, I can speak for management and company policies in the store I work for. I agree with the previous review and I say management has quite a bit of power. But I have been with the company for 8 years and the on ly real concern I have about management is the lack of desire to work WITH employees. The person that said their managers take their deals if they are off that day, should take the responsibility to tell their regional manager what is going on. I have had 12 managers work with me and I can honestly say this has NEVER happened in either store I have worked in. Also, as far as forcing employees to make money and that's all they care about, well sorry but that's called business. Otherr than that I agree with the other things that person said. Management is not open to new ideas and will gladly tell you so. As a current employee, I can say it is a good job just for the benefits;vision,dental,medical, and even offering life insurance now. They want you with the company for a long time. I do agree the pay is bad but, exactly how much work is really done in a given day? If you are a decent salesperson your weekly paycheck will show it (same as any other sales job), the hourly employees can go several hours without having done anything. Overall a decent company to work for not recommended though for the person who can't take orders from the people who helped build the company into an appliance leader in the area.

From Sandusky, Ohio — 05/06/2008

The pay is okay... When it's slow, It's slow. That comes with most sales jobs. I rated respect a three because I get respected, but...I see some who don't. The very best healthcare package, "THANK'S GORDY"! If you get in the draw you need to start lookin' for another job. (Draw-they front you money if you are not making commission and take it back out later)Hello 55 hour plus work weeks. (mainly key sales positions) The same ol' I used to be a stock boy stories, lol. We have a okay location but I hear some could need some help. Im not going to say anything about weak co-workers because I know before long that draw is going to get them. Laid back work environment. If you find a good co-worker to buddy up with and make friends with the manager, you'll make money and have alot of fun.

From Saginaw, MI — 10/20/2007

First I came from the marine corp looking for a job that is very hard to find in the state of Michigan. I entered ABC and was basically hired on the spot. I started in home audio, and for a full time position, the pay was just ok. However I showed that I was competant, came in on time and did what I was supposed to do and moved to Major Sales within a year. It is by far the best job I have ever had. The pay is beyond great and the best part is, you make your own paycheck. If you don't mind working long hours, you WILL wreck the benefits from it. There are plenty of "perks" profit sharing, insurance, paid vacations and as for job security, in a field which most of the country is down in, we are still putting in new stores! Talk about job security. Anyone who complains on this company needs to sit back and look at there performance. The employees that I work with, all are willing to give a hand if need be. You couldnt ask for a better crew. Great company, Great pay, Great employees. What more could a man/woman ask for?