Working at Abbey — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Abbey pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Abbey

From North London Branch — 07/22/2008

I work for abbey in a branch in North London and I honestly love my job. The rating above RE respect is from customers but that is normal in a service industry. Lots of people below talk of system problems and yeah okay the system has not been stable for the last year but these people need to get themselves out of the dark ages and see the potential our system has to offer and how it is honestly better than any other banks systems. The people who speak of little job oppertunities are obviously not very good at their jobs, do as your manager's ask, hit your targets and you will go far. I have been promoted year on year by doing this.

From SWD Milton Keynes — 10/01/2007

I'm fed up of reading all this rubbish about Abbey. Without Santander taking them over, Abbey would have gone bust. There would be no job to vent about.. There are too many miserable, backward thinking moaning minnies who harp on about the good old days, when everyone spoke to everyone nicely, got in at 9am, went home at 5pm, remembered their birthday and strived to get a 25 year service award for sitting on their @rses drinking tea. Get real. Go and get a job in the City and find out what real life is like.

From Glasgow — 02/08/2007

Working in Abbey House in St Vincent St is a pleasant expeience, the location is good and the facilities are excellent...job progression is really good and I have moved up the ladder very quickly with great help from colleagues. Santander are doing great things for the company, and I can only see us improving into the future. Obviously some depts are better than others, but I have worked in 3 different areas over the past 2 years and have not had many bad days. Nice people, nice place! :-)