Working at AAA Texas — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about AAA Texas pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at AAA Texas

From Irving, TX — 07/18/2010

AAA has only been present in Texas for approximately 10 years. They are serious about growth in Texas and have been hiring many in the past several months. While AAA has a great reputation for its membership for roadside assistance, etc... the problem is their insurance rates are not competitive in the marketplace.
Sales reps make commissions on both selling insurance and memberships. AAA pivots their insurance sales off memberships, however, less than 5% have insurance with AAA--an astonishing figure. To be honest, each insurance sale I've made has been a struggle, not only with finding a competitive rate to offer, but the underwriting process is quite involved, compared with previous insurance companies I've sold for.
I wished an entry had been made about this reality before I interviewed with them...

From Irving, Texas — 02/12/2010

This is a strong and stable company, even in times of turmoil. There is opportunity for growth if you want to put forth the appropriate effort. It is a very conservative company - while it may be a little too conservative for my own tastes, this is why the company is so strong. If you're willing to take the good with the bad, work hard toward a goal, and speak up loud and clear when you are unhappy, then this is an ideal environment for you.

The benefits are about par. This company takes care of its employees up to its responsibilty. No more, and no less.

From Irving, TX — 01/17/2010

AAA TX is a good place to work. I work on the sales team and it is alot of hard work and requires a big time commitment, but they take care of their employees and I make good money. They are expanding and opening new offices in DFW and hiring more employees. To me, in this economy, that shows how stable they are.

From Irving, TX — 10/29/2009

This is a fantastic company to work for! I have previously worked for AAA in another market years ago (which was also a great experience) and am very happy to be with AAA Texas now. There is a lot of career growth potential which I had previous experience with the last time I worked for the company. The pay, benefits, career growth and location are comparable or better than other companies I have worked for in the past. The work environment is professional and overall the employees are very competent. There is a lot of longevity so there is a huge benefit to learning from the knowledgeable employees and managers who are willing to coach and mentor people if they are open to it and that is still the case years later I am finding. AAA is one of the few companies that really believes in growing its own people and promoting from within. AAA Texas is also one of the only companies that I see really growing in this economy. There are many companies struggling now and over the past years I have gone through my share of watching companies lay off and close so it is wonderful to be with such a strong brand that is so recognized and appreciated by its members and in particular this employee!