Working at AAA — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about AAA pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at AAA

From Ohio — 08/24/2009

I have been with AAA for over 5 years. I love my job - just not my office. I get to make people's dreams come true, what could be better. We do have policies and they are expected to be followed. We also have goals that are expected to be met. Pay isn't terrific, but not bad. Not worth the stress at times, but the bonuses for goals can make up for that. There isn't a ton of growth opportunity mainly because once people get in the higher up jobs they tend to stay. Also the economy is forcing some cut backs so some jobs aren't being replaced. If it weren't for the office setting and drama I would have no complaints. It's great, as far as the work goes. Very demanding, as any professional job should be. Fast paced at times and can be extremely stressful
I do not recommend for those that lack computer skills and do not catch on quickly. It changes all the time. Training is near constant, but that's what makes you a professional. The customers can make it the most rewarding job you could think of. There are also those that make you want to crawl under a rock and die (isn't working with the public great!)
I would never steer someone away from working for this company (AAA Ohio Auto Club) but I would point out what to watch out for. Mainly take care of yourself and you'll be fine.

From DFW, TX — 08/28/2008

Have being a member of a loyal AAA family I was excited to see the field sales agent opportunity at AAA. After meeting with the management team as well as the VP it was apparent that AAA was serious about growth in Texas and determined to create the same image that the Auto Club in Southern California has been able to maintain for years.
I have read many negative ratings about AAA specifically in Texas and felt the need to express what life as a field sales agent is really like. I will admit that this position can be stressful, but I have never encountered anyone who works in a SALES position whose job does not include pressure and accountability. The recent changes in the compensation plan have created the opportunity to earn a higher income than ever before. I am proof that if you work hard you can absolutely earn over $100K even in your first year as a commissioned agent. What other insurance agency can offer that? I will also admit that there are a lot of long hours involved, but I take pride in my work and am willing to commit the extra time in order to ensure a high level of accuracy which in turn adds to my income. I have also found that if you work hard and exceed monthly goals management is willing to accommodate time off in order to improve work/life balance.
Benefits are superior to any company I have ever worked for. For the first time I am working for a company that still matches a portion of 401K.
As the poster previously mentioned, respect is EARNED by management. I have witnessed my manager pay respect to those who work hard and dedicate themselves to their position. Those who do not seem to care about their work and come in, miss goals and try to scrape by on the minimum standards and minimal income do not have respect from management. In my opinion they do not deserve respect.
Every night I listen to my spouse complain about their job. I realize daily that I am blessed to work for a company who is truly invested in the success of their sales force. I work in an environment that is actually fun. I am working with a high producing team and enjoy spending time with my coworkers. It is so exciting to work with a team who is all focused on the same goal and heading the same direction... UP!
In this economy many companies are down sizing and closing. While AAA is growing and expanding. I do not have the fear that I may be laid off tomorrow.
Just like everyone else I have the choice to get up and go to work everyday and make the most of my life. I CHOOSE to work for AAA and enjoy it more and more every day!

From Dallas — 08/27/2008

I have been a commissioned sales agent for about 2 years now. I have seen many changes from year to year. Like many have said before this job is difficult but the pay is outstanding I don't have a college degree but I make more than many of my friends who have degrees. Every day it seems like many companies are laying off people or down-sizing meantime AAA continues to grow. My family and I are lucky that I have the opportunity like the one I have at AAA. I have seen a couple of agents come back to AAA because they did not find better opportunities.

Many of the agents that have left the company did not quite grasp the concept of working at a pace that allows them to maximize this new payplan. I can only speculate who wrote some of the feeback on this site before this and they were not very productive agents. (FACT: great individuals but not productive) What helps me is that I really don't get involved in rumors or gossip. I only have one thing on my mind when I go in and that is to my job to the best of my ability. The benefits are excellent, the location is good, my co-workers are good and I feel like I EARN my respect from my manager. The greatest part about my job is that every 2 weeks I write my own paycheck and don't have a set salary, I get paid based on my performance. 100% commission is designed by nature to reward the hardest working, most productive people so that is why I choose to stay here. I don't believe that this job is for everyone, especially those who do not have a good work ethic.

I have seen many agents come and go, those who have stuck around have alot of great qualities especially mental toughness. Some of the newer agents seem to have a good head on their shoulders so when they ask me for advice I tell them that their is no substitute for heard work, keep out of gossip and think about what motivates them most, for me that is buying a bigger house for my family.

Like any job this one has its ups and downs but for the most part its a good place to work. I know everyday that I have a choice on whether or not I want to be here and every day I have made the choice to continue to work here. Everyday I make a choice to be successful. That's my .02 cents

From St. Louis, MO — 04/09/2008

I worked as a call receiver. The pay is a little bit above average. The majority of the employees are complete losers and the people that call in are just as bad.

From CA — 12/19/2007

If you work hard and put in the hours intially, the P/C agent job can be very rewarding. It is a company that demands respect for its products and customers and if you learn that, you'll be fine. Growth potential is great with recent expansion efforts. A company always changing which can be frustrating but it is for the good. Morale can be difficult in offices but if you rise above it then you'll be fine.